1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

ATC

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by MrLem, Oct 14, 2018.

1. MrLem

MrLem Active Member

I'm curious. Over here in Britain ATC are quite popular, but I rarely see a mention on AK. Do they not have a big presence in North America? Not rated? Not known? Not the cheapest I know, but neither are Proac or Spendor and they both seem to have a following.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. guiller

guiller Toscaninichus Australis

I´m a big fan of ATC and the current speakers in my main system are ATC´s SCM-11 Mk 2!

roadie1 and DC like this.
  3. MrLem

MrLem Active Member

Oh good, I'm not completely alone. Looks like it might just be you and I, so let's call this a very exclusive owners thread. I also like my ATCs, which are SCM19 v2. It was tricky to find the right electronics. They show up flaws in the chain mercilessly, but are very rewarding now I've got it right. An old MOSFET amp turned out to be just the ticket.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    guiller likes this.
  4. guiller

guiller Toscaninichus Australis

:trebon:

Mine work wonderfully with what would look as a horrible mismatch: a SET Mastersound 300B SE amp! I listen to classical music, so the low power is just what I need. Before, I feeded my ATC´s with a Bryston 4b (just the opposite) and they also sounded great, in a different manner of course.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. Hawkeye83

Hawkeye83 Super Member

There are ATC fans here. I have KEF gear but ATC is on my "radar" for sure, along with many others LOL!

6. Bostown

Bostown Low End Audio Enthusiast! Subscriber

I own a pair of ATC SCM 20 T ( floor standing) speakers. - They replaced a set of Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home, but haven't quite taken the place of my B&W Nautilus 802's.

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

guiller likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. roadie1

roadie1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have the 7s, 11s and now I'm trying to find a way to get the 19's. They're different animals but the 11's give my Harbeths a run for the money.

guiller likes this.