Atmos/Timbre Setup Predicament

kdryden

Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I posted on here but you guys have always been helpful.
I have a living room 5.1 setup which includes JBL ES90 Fronts, ES25C Center and N24ii Surrounds. Right now I am setting up my basement in an Atmos/DTS-X 5.1.4/5.2.4 configuration and was looking to move my ES90's and ES25C to the basement along with a set of N28 bookshelf speakers that I also own (not being used at the moment) for the surrounds. I was looking at 4 ceiling speakers and opted for the Polk vs70RT (bought all 4 already). I opted for the polk because the sound was much better than the JBL's since JBL's ceiling speakers are very basic. I understood the concept of brand matching was important but I did not understand timbre matching was that critical. I did not move anything yet but was wondering how bad could it be? Will using Audyssey solve this issue? This setup will be used for listening to music as well

Absolutely no worries. My height speakers are all from Elura, and really not similar to any of my other speakers at all. Sounds epic.

There is really no way to know, however; if I was to speculate, I would second damacman's opinion. Let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom