Attaching speakers to the top of wood stands?

Turbota

I want to mount a set of Polk RTi38s on top of a pair of 36" Wood Technology speaker stands. I ordered the optional larger wood mount-plates with the stands so they would cover the complete bottom side of the speakers when I set the speaker on top of the stand.

My question is: What do I use to hold the speaker to the wood mount-plate on the top of the speaker stand? I really hate to run screws into the bottom of these speakers, and I don't want to just place the speakers on top of the stands ... My luck ... someone may knock the speaker off of the stand if they bump up against them.

Thanks,
Ron

h188FG36K-f.jpeg

P.S. I posted this over on the Polk Audio message board and got 1 reply:

"Rubber Stoppers(clear or black) are available at home depot or any of your local hardware store. They are very inexpensive (around $3.00). I hate leaving steaker marks on my speakers so, I stuck them on the stand and it worked fine".

Not sure what "Rubber Stoppers" are. Just wondering if there are any other options to keep the speakers from falling off the stands

There is an adhesive called Blue-Tac, or Blu-Tack. It is moldable, and does not adhere to either the speaker or the stand when you want to remove it. I understand that the stuff is the ticket. Probably available at Home Depot, or Lowe's.

Toasted Almond

I'd second Toasted reccommendation,but get the good stuff,not the cheap stuff found at $1. stores.
Velcro works also,but you are keft with a gummy residue on the speaks.
I wouldn't use the stopper suggestion,a good knock and the speaks could topple like a third world dictatorship.

Alan

Yeah, what TA said.
Those rubber stopper thingies are good, too. I have used a similar product. Heck, got mine at Target. They stick to one surface, and are called non-slip for the other side.
Something else I use is that stuff for keeping your flatware and stuff from sliddingaround in drawers. A synthetic rubbery stuff in sheets you cut to size. Works by weight and friction.

Blu-Tac really is the best option. Don't buy the dollar store knockoffs its not the same thing. It should be easy to find Blu-Tac in the US.

Mike

Thanks for all the info. Seems like Blue-Tac is the best bet. I guess they would have that stuf in Home Depot?

Does it come in a tube?

Ron,

It comes in a flat pack,in strips.its made by Bostick.You only need to tear off a small piece,roll into a ball place on your base and push the speaker down onto it.If you need to remove the speakers twist it off dont pull directly upwards as sometimes you can ruin your veneer!!
Cheers
Bally

I've only seen it in audiophile or high end stereo stores.

But who knows - maybe it IS in the Home Depot! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom