Attack of the Geezers

DogsPart2

The new releases from David Crosby, Stills and Collins, Chris Hillman and Rusty Young have blown me away!

This is good music from folks getting up in age, skillfully performed and beautifully sung. I continue to be amazed by Crosby's voice and Judy Collins vocals on the Stills/Collins album are incredible.

Rusty Young's songwriting on his new (1st) solo album is strong or stronger than anything he contributed to Poco over the years.

Makes this old fart very happy!

Now, get off my lawn:naughty:

Rusty Young - Waitin' for the sun
Stills and Collins - Everybody Knows
David Crosby - Sky trails
Chris Hillman - Bidin' my time

also, include Gregg Allman's final album - Southern Blood. an amazing final statement, IMHO.

I thoroughly enjoyed what tracks I could scrape together from David Crosby's Sky Trails album - beautifully recorded. Stills & Collins was good too - I went and played Judy Blue Eyes right afterwards, just to throw 50 years together in two songs. Still queuing up Gregg Allman...

Just heard on the radio the other day Stephen Stills and Judy Collins will be playing locally soon. May have to grab some tickets for that show. I'll have to admit I'm a very big Stephen Stills fan, but I'm not sure about Judy. She never really got my blood flowing, probably 'cause I'm 58 and not 68.
On second thought, I will garb those tickets.

Speaking of Rusty Young. Have you heard the funny song he put together about not being Neil's brother? I've seen him play locally and he preformed it.

Also, kind of strange, last year when I was at mom's house cutting the back yard an old childhood friend who lives in his parents old house (inheritance) behind mom told me that Rusty married a girl that lived a couple of doors up from him (on that street.) back in the 1960's and '70's. I remember that family when we were teenagers. I had a crush on her younger sister. Small world.

Last edited:
Listening to Gregg Allman's Southern Blood. Three songs in and I already know it will be one of my favorite GA releases. RIP, and thanks for all the great music Gregg.

Back
Top Bottom