Attention Fairchild Freaks!

With all the talk of Stan here he is in my Avatar, unliklely that's his wife wearing the pointy hat.

Oh man, it looks like I won it. Was not really serious, put in a bid and left the house.
Came home 8 hours later and I won! Needed it like a hole in my head - already have so many TTs that I can't barely listen to them.

What plinth should I think of using/who could build one for me?
What arm should I match it with? Old SME like the 3009? Perhaps a Thomas Schick?

Any suggestion from owners or Fairchild fans would be greatly appreciated!

As you've probally noticed theres no name on the front of those amps on ebay. There was a guy on audio asylum years back who had some unbuilt 255 or 255a 's and was selling them. These are probally from that batch. There's a thread here on ak on whether fairchild ever made kits and when I find it I'll post a link. Its a interesting read and got very heated.

s-l1600-14.jpg

I noticed that there is a flange of some sort on these chassis....and I've never seen that before on the Fairchild amps. But it doesn't look like it is part of the chassis, like on a console pulled amp. Perhaps it is just some sort of angle bracket added to facilitate bolting these down inside a console? None of the pictures really show this part clearly enough to figure it out.

yeah I found a supplier on eBay in Bulgaria and reached out to see if the fitment would be OK.

It has one of the belts but missing the second. Given its age, may have been lost.
Cant really say if it is true NOS but it is in quite nice shape to say the least

and already got a reply - any thoughts on the below:

If your old belts are missing you can measure with a thread or a soft wire
and deduct 10-30 mm down for to obtain strength and torsion.
Short - 360 mm long x 5 wide x 0,7 thick, 8.88+3,99 $
Long - 953 mm long x6,3 wide x 0,7 thick, 19,88+6,99$

Back
Top Bottom