Attention Fairchild Freaks!

the 750 on e-bay has been sitting there for months...
Same as the one on ak.id love to own either one just to have a Fairchild a turntable in my stable b ut I do have a McCurdy broadcast transcription that I will restore one-day along with a ampex 350 real to reel and setup my ultimate mono system along with my Jensen tri plex speaker or even my altec 604 b.

i hear you. I am in process of putting the 755 with a nice Ortofon banana arm together....I am getting great support from one of our AK member here actually doing the work so I cant wait for it to be functional and hear it. Especially comparting to TD-124 and a Lenco...

Received the matching 240 preamp to the one I had relegated forever to the mono system. Thanks to bartertown and the fine gentleman Hank. I cant wait to restore this second one give them both a listen on the stereo system.

Attachments

• 6CD1778D-D47E-4ABA-B346-0693279CC154.jpeg
    6CD1778D-D47E-4ABA-B346-0693279CC154.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 21
411H east of Cleveland, Ohio. No affiliation.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/d/perry-rare-fairchild-411h-broadcast/6792701973.html

00A0A_6j8H7MggBS4_600x450.jpg

00O0O_OkkjBtEla3_600x450.jpg

Amazing and Rare 1959 FAIRCHILD 411H Broadcast turntable in excellent condition! These workhorse turntables
were used in radio stations back in 60's -70's because of how they were designed to withstand continuous operating conditions! Included is a vintage REK-O-KUT 120 tonearm, M3D cartridge
The Fairchild 411H is a professional broadcast transcription turntable used by recording studios and broadcast stations throughout the US. Its cost-no-object design is unique and groundbreaking, its build quality makes similar era components from other manufacturers look pedestrian. The 411-H was well noted for its extreme speed stability and non existent noise and rumble levels. Its design philosophy embraced the concept of a massive high inertia belt-driven platter with a rubber idler in direct contact with a high grade hysteresis-synchronous motor. This "Turromatic Drive Assembly" set up eliminates any motor-to-table transmission of noise or vibration. Speed selection is by way of mechanical design, simply twist the knob to engage a pulley for 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, or 78 rpm.
Asking $1000 or best reasonable offer. Please no low-ball offers as they will not be considered.
Please feel free to contact me for additional info. Text at 4four0-four17-three7five1

The 411H is an unusual turntable. It was phased out very quickly in favor of the 412, and I have no idea why.

No Affiliation.

There is an unmarked amp for sale on Ebay currently....that I am sure is a Fairchild 260....but is not listed as such.

It is listed as a "Tube Amp"

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 1.46.54 PM.png

No Affiliation.

There is an unmarked amp for sale on Ebay currently....that I am sure is a Fairchild 260....but is not listed as such.

It is listed as a "Tube Amp"

View attachment 1405614
It's what is commonly called the 260r.
The r stands for revision
The revision was a conversion from 6lggc to el34 tubes .if you look closely enough you can see the crudely marked chassis.id be watching that one if the seller has no idea of what it is.if you don't mind send me the link I'd like to watch that one.dont worry I won't bid or tell anyone else about it.

Back
Top Bottom