Attention Fairchild Freaks!

I asked him to post some pics of the underside and he did. Said they worked 3 years ago when he put them on the self, but doest have time to test them now. :dunno:SMDH.

And apparently no time to dust them off.they will sit with a b.i.n of $2000 and not even get the opening bid of $1500.
Just looked now and he does have pictures up of the underneath .

Also one more thing to note about this particular pair of fairchild is that one of them was a kit.yes I did say that.fairchild offered a kit version of the 255.if you look at the backs of the amps one has a serial number the other doesent. the one that don't is also missing the fairchild emblem on the front of the amp.

I was considering bidding on this pair before the pics of the guts - They look like a hot mess

That seems like a pretty good deal. I was pretty close to bidding, but I don't need that much hassle.

All things considered even that mess underneath the chassis they looked liked theyve been recapped and are in plug n' play condition. $750 each for a pr of fairchild 255 amplifiers in even average condition is a good buy.you could always clean up the wIriing to your liking if you don't like it.

Consider this what does a pr of mcintosh mc30's sell for or any other comparable amps of the same qaulity.I'd say someone got a good deal and the sellers poor description didn't hexpect with him getting more.

Oh man. I would have bought them based on what I red a few months ago in this and some other AK posts (mostly from radioactive).
It was 35 miles from my house for easy pick-up. I simply missed it. There is a single amp for 1500 on the bay, which has been there for months.
At any rate Happy Holidays to all!

I really debated buying that 260 when it popped up, but I really want one with a face plate.

I really debated buying that 260 when it popped up, but I really want one with a face plate.
You should of jumped on it.ak member s peterson had some made for his 260 amplfiers and they turned out great.his was the early logo .

Damn. That is good to know now. I just didn't know if I could ever find someone to make it.

Back
Top Bottom