Attn: Denver area AKers -- huge supercomputing conference coming to Denver

bashman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello. Every November, about 12,000 of the world's leading experts in supercomputing and high performance networking meet at the Supercomputing Conference for a week of technical sessions, a massive exhibition, etc. We are talking massive geekfest. This year we are meeting in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center and on Wednesday afternoon, Nov. 15, we are hosting "family day" with free admission to the exhibits (350+ computer and network companies). I have been on the conference committee for 20 years and if any of you in the area would like to attend that day, please start a conversation with me and we can set it up. It's pretty mindboggling and I'm sure you'll find it worth your time if you can attend. Just let me know -- I need to set it up in advance.

Won't be able to attend, but having been a self-described "supercomputer skinner" until recently, I think it's cool that you made the offer.

Geekfest is for sure. It was at an SC that I first saw a "wearable", on an MIT dude who was furiously typing on what seemed to be a full keyboard on his arm. That might have been as much as two decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom