Attractive Speaker Stands

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by c n, Feb 6, 2018.

1. c n

c n New Member

Hi all,

I recently acquired a pair of Ohm C2s, and need to get them off the ground. The thing is, I care a bit about room design ( aesthetics as well as acoustics :p ). The C2's are decently large for bookshelf speakers at about 2 feet tall. I have searched Pinterest and some web forums, but was wondering if any of you all have pictures of your stands, especially for larger bookshelf speakers?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. c n

c n New Member

Also, here is my (unfinished) setup:

IMG_20180206_200946 (1).jpg

MarZutra, Ds2000 and Nightwisher like this.
  3. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Enjoy the setup!

Rome

4. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Dahlquist stands for the Dahlquist 0303171045_resized.jpg speaker. Slight up tilt which I think makes the larger bookshelf box speakers look good.

c n likes this.
  5. cube-tube

cube-tube Super Member

I too am still looking for some decent speaker stands for my Genesis II's. Right now I'm just using a couple of small-ish, well built wood end tables. They work and look good, but they're not what I really want. I'd rather have something like the stands Kenrick Sound builds, or the all wood ones that are under most Harbeth speakers. Something that's sized perfectly to the speaker enclosures. But man, these kind of stands are so stinking expensive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    pahhhoul likes this.
  6. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

I don't have any stands to show you but I wanted to say you have a nice rig there_:)

7. ictwoody

ictwoody I like vintage gear — my preamp is from 2007. Subscriber

I like the steel, sand filled and powder coated ones from A&M Fab in Arkansas. They sell on eBay and you can contact them there. They will do custom stuff and their prices are reasonable for the quality. Here are my A25XL's on their stands.

https://www.ebay.com/i/253405831328?chn=ps

- Woody

IMG_5698.JPG IMG_5699.JPG

pahhhoul, Treyfus84, mmickk and 4 others like this.
  8. EngineerNate

EngineerNate AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought mine from this guy:

https://www.gwizpro.com/stands/

Through his ebay store. He has a few different options for different size/weight speakers. Mine are quite attractive in my opinion, a definite step up from the sanus they replaced. Mine are solid oak with a white washed finish. I like them a lot. :)

Cheers
    Nathan

9. c n

c n New Member

You folks have some great looking setups! I know there's a few more floating around out there...

10. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

These speakers are 16 inches, so not at two feet.

SAM_0389.JPG

I am not sure where my dad got them (he gave them to me a few months after he gave me the speakers that he had previously used them with. Before that I used these classy speaker stands:

new speakers.jpg

Ds2000 likes this.
  11. EngineerNate

EngineerNate AK Subscriber Subscriber

12. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I do believe that that is exactly what those are. I agree I found them to be a bit tippy before I put speakers on them. However, after putting the speakers on, they seem fairly sturdy. No cat related knock overs at least.

Ds2000 likes this.