AU 20000 help needed

AKohlmeyer

Dear Sansui friends

My preamp section is not working properly and I have handed it in for repair.
The technician told me that the board F2502 is missing R05 R06 when looking at the schematics.
Not sure if there are different versions he is looking for pic of that very board.both sides ;)

Help would be very mzch appreciated.

Kind regards from Germany

Andreas

Attachments

• img_0252x0jtn.jpg
    img_0252x0jtn.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 31
Meanwhile I saw a pic from another f2502 board missing r05 and r06 as well.
But my service manual says something different. Could be an undoc design change ???

Issue is that main in should be 700mv with aux 130mv but my au 20k just shows 170mv.

Any clue/hints ?

Attachments

• unbenannt15k7k.png
    unbenannt15k7k.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 14
Here is a photo of board 2502 and it shows no provision at all for R05, R06 so there have been some changes. I believe mine is one of the early models, around 1975.

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 18
Andreas, unless the modifications are obviously done outside of the factory (and you tech should be able to tell by looking at the boards), it's safer with Sansui to assume schematic is out of date, failing known advice to contrary or obvious issues with the missing/different parts. This is standard practice with restoring Sansui to change some things. My Sansui Au-Alpha607NRAII has tens of missing parts on the boards; they just recycled the boards from the previous version. And, its really common for Sansui to make multiple little changes to values and parts within a model.

Back
Top Bottom