AU 517 issue

Rjack

I have an AU517 with a problem in the phono stage and Im looking for some help. After a few hours of use the amp will begin to emit a cracking sound (quite loud) through the speakers. This will continue until the unit is unplugged from the wall. Once unplugged the amp works just fine again until the next episode. This only happens with the amp switched to phono 1 or 2. I can happily use the AUX and tuner with out resetting by unplugging the unit.

I do not do my own work on stereo components but would like to have an idea of the problem prior to finding someone to do the work and I would appreciate any advise the collective might be willing to offer.

Cheers
Rjack

There are some transistors in the phono stage which are prone to go noisy with age - swapping them out with recognised replacements sourced from a reputable supplier (NOT auction sites) will very likely resolve the issue.

There are some transistors in the phono stage which are prone to go noisy with age - swapping them out with recognised replacements sourced from a reputable supplier (NOT auction sites) will very likely resolve the issue.

Thank you

Thanks for the advice John, I just received the 517 back from the shop. All fixed up and ready to go. As you stated transistors in the Phono stage replaced by Centek in Ottawa Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom