AU-717 Binding Posts

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by EchoWars, Dec 17, 2005.

1. ManyMoonsAudio

ManyMoonsAudio AKA paul79 Sponsor Subscriber

Well, it is on the back..

2. nocents

nocents Member

I thought about painting the heads black but I was thinking I would replace them with stainless steel hex caps....but after looking at your results with the paint....:thmbsp:...that looks like the way to go:D

3. ghamilton

ghamilton Super Member

4. slowpat

slowpat AK Subscriber Subscriber

Looks great. I have a G-6000 that I may want to do the same. Where are your binding posts from? Tx.

5. nocents

nocents Member

Thanks......posts bought from a popular auction site...plexiglass too....

6. Why Plexiglass?

7. EchoWars

EchoWars Hiding in Honduras

Non-conductive. And easy to cut. And tough. I'd used other plastics and had problems with fracturing while cutting and drilling.

8. I am a Sign and Graphics installer, so the Black PVC panels i have should be good.not too hard or soft.

9. ghamilton

ghamilton Super Member

10. Zekeman

Zekeman AK Subscriber Subscriber

I did one a few months back....made it out of Lexan and primed and painted it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  11. Happytalk

Happytalk New Member

Hi all. I've been considering modifying the terminals on the back of my AU-717 and I love what I've seen from everyone. I realize there are assumptions made about the process of attaching the new binding posts. I have been casually searching on and off for a few years and have never really found a definitive way to install the posts. I know it is as simple as openin up the amp and looking, but can anyone share which binding posts may be better than others, and how they are installed? Solder? Screw?

Lastly, would plastic washers suffice vs a screwed in plate? Any help is appreciated.

12. Happytalk

Happytalk New Member

So far all the examples I've been able to find online have no pictures. Photobucket seems to have changed something. Virtually no pictures show up. Hoping for an internal shot of the soldering job.

13. lbcgav

lbcgav AK Subscriber Subscriber

14. VYNULADIKT

VYNULADIKT Active Member

Making great equipment even better. Love it!

15. Happytalk

Happytalk New Member

We'll see. Right now there's some HD-14 (home depot 14awg extension cord twisted and wrapped in Teflon tape)
    stuffed in there along with speakon cable leads for my REL sub. Works fine... I still can't find a definitive (with no assumptions) way to put banana binding posts on my au-717 if anyone is interested in helping here or via PM. Trying to formulate a complete game plan prior to starting. Most postings on various forums presume the modded knows more than I do.

16. sansuibutch

sansuibutch Active Member

I need to do something like this on my ba2000. I hate the cheap terminals they come with. I want to use something very similar to the posts my ba3000 came with.