AU-717 vs AU-719

usedto

Lunatic Member
I was just snooping around completed sales on ebay and noticed that the AU-717 sells for about twice what the AU-719 sells for.

I have one of each - the 719 I bought new in 1980, and the 717 for a steal off of CL.

Why the big difference in value? Just curious.

Transformer covers in the 717 are prettier than the raw transformer in the 719. Other than that, I don't know.

Inside, the 717 construction quality is higher, apart from the covers of the transformers has metal covers inside that isolate and protect from interference, the dissipators are black aluminum and is really prettier and better built (only the interior, the outside is practically the same). Small differences more in the design and the output transistors are different. In addition, the 717 has a separable pre-amplifier. Both are fantastic, in Europe they are sold almost the same, although the 717 is harder to get.inside top 717.JPG
aaaau719.jpg

My AU-719 had black transformer covers stock, but they did not have the logo on them. All the 717 knobs have set screws, only the 719 volume knob does.

Newer circuit design in the AU-719.

I restored my AU-717 and AU-719. Would have been happy with either, but kept the 719.

With a few mods, my AU-719 looks like this.

index.php

My AU-719 had black transformer covers stock, but they did not have the logo on them. All the 717 knobs have set screws, only the 719 volume knob does.

Newer circuit design in the AU-719.

I restored my AU-717 and AU-719. Would have been happy with either, but kept the 719.

With a few mods, my AU-719 looks like this.

index.php
Sweet.

Keep the process fresh in your mind. Once we get moved, I plan on bringing both of these to you for a re-nu. (If you'll do it :bigok:)

I have two kids and I want to give both of them a nice vintage system.

is there a way to get mono only output on the au-717 - there does not appear to be a switch for mono?

Back
Top Bottom