AU 7500.soft click,no sound,back on again

Discussion in 'Sansui Equipment Database' started by bossmustang7, Mar 21, 2015.

1. bossmustang7

bossmustang7 Active Member

I recently found an abandoned AU 7500.Cleaned it up,changed some blown
    fuses and it came back to life.The other day while playing a record,I adjusted the mid control,heard a soft click like a relay,and it went dead quiet for a brief second and came on again.I played some records for another 2 hours with
    no further problems,enjoying it's sound.Then again yesterday,after a 2 minute
    playing ,same thing again.
    This time it happened with no contact with the amp.
    A soft relay-like click-dead,then back again.No other issues after that.It always happens just after it's turned on 1 or 2 minutes later.Then it's fine.
    I have not tried a cd through aux yet.If I turn up the volume
    full with phono on,no record playing,there is no hissing or hums whatsoever,
    unlike some other amps I've had.It goes silent for maybe a 1/2 second to 1 second max.It runs cool after 1 hour use.Any thoughts?Maybe contacts with a relay need a cleaning?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

You have posted here
    http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142 - which is the "Sansui Equipment Database"

When you should have posted here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39 - the Exclusively Sansui Forum.

It is really only for advising of the serial numbers and models of Sansui equipment in your possession, not for solving problems. You are not alone many have made the same mistake, and its not a big deal, except nobody looks up here much - so you might not get any replies to your issue or query.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  3. bossmustang7

bossmustang7 Active Member

Just turned it on and now it's cutting out.Maybe 4 or 5 times within
    the first 3 minutes.No clicking this time.It's been 10 minutes of playing a record now, and it's fine.Hmmm