AU555a lever switch problem

gruntgravel

Hi, I have an au555a that I'm paring with a tu666 tuner and the speaker A switch on the amp is broken and does not toggle between positions. Can anyone provided a lead to where I could possibly find a replacement switch or know if the internals in the switch can be repaired? I would greatly appreciate any information. Thanks.

-Jess

Attachments

• sansui au55aa.jpg
    sansui au55aa.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 21
If you were a member you could post your request in Barter Town. It's a good place to find parts. Other than that, eBay. You may be able to find a similar switch with the lever broken off for cheap. With that you can probably combine parts to make one good switch.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

If you were a member you could post your request in Barter Town. It's a good place to find parts. Other than that, eBay. You may be able to find a similar switch with the lever broken off for cheap. With that you can probably combine parts to make one good switch.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

Thanks Pete for the response and suggestions. I had no idea tracking one of these down is about equivalent as finding hen's teeth. I will enter the serial numbers for these as soon as I get them back from getting recapped and aligned. I naively thought the shop that is doing the work would have a shoebox full of AU555A spare switches laying around and it would be no big deal swapping out the broken switch.

These units are nearing their 50th birthday. Pretty rare for anything that old to still have parts available. Thankfully, electronics of that era used discrete components. In most cases there are modern equivalent transistors, capacitors, resistors and relays available. But not cosmetic parts or parts like switches. These were made to order for a particular application. Once that order was filled, production of that part stopped. The only option for these parts is a "donor" unit.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom