I bought an AU888 amp. Having the restorations from others and the modifications by @kevzep in mind, I decided to dig into the mods and probably recap the unit. So I started removing some caps and resistors and before I knew it I had wiped all the parts from the circuit cards accessible and visible from the top...... Some tinkering paranoia here. My working time on it is limited so it may take all winter. I have all kinds of NOS and salvaged components at my disposal. A general remark beforehand is that part of the boards are the AU999 type and some component differences are already to be found in the schematics. The status at the moment is repopulating the two small power supply boards and having 6 empty other circuit cards. My plan is to exchange some info and put the efforts in this topic. I am looking forward to discuss this with the gurus and just go each board one by one when repopulating them with parts again. Please be aware I am an "educated guess guy" instead of a design EE. So: below here is the first discussion subject, which is the small power supply feeding the main amps.