Auction for Charity: George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Sealed 2015 RSD LP

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Auction For Charity. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our VOA charity you can read about it here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/adopting-families-for-the-holidays-2016.742506/

With the holidays fast approaching its time for we here on Audiokarma to start our annual fund raising drive to help those less fortunate. How this works is we list items for sale with a start and ending date. Once the item ends please contact me for payment info.

Please remember that 100% of the funds from this auction will go to help our adopted VOA families. OK, on to the auction

Up for your bidding pleasure is a sealed copy of
George Thorogood & The Destroyers, George Thorogood And The Delaware Destroyers, Rounder Records 11661-37009-01. Only 2000 copies pressed of this superb LP pressed on blue vinyl for 2015 Record Store Day. Don't miss out !

Stock Copy Picture
R-6913964-1429391634-6711.jpeg.jpg

Rounder Records proudly announces the forthcoming release of a special edition blue vinyl LP titled GEORGE THOROGOOD AND THE DELAWARE DESTROYERS - the original mix of George Thorogood And The Destroyers’ self-titled debut album, which was originally recorded in 1976. The rare collection, which also includes a bonus never-released before song, “Goodbye Baby,” and cover artwork of Thorogood’s first-ever publicity photo, will be available only Record Store day on April 18 at participating independent retailers nationwide. The release of the album contains: "You Got to Lose," "Madison Blues,” “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,” "Can't Stop Lovin',” "Ride On Josephine," "Homesick Boy," "I'll Change My Style," "Delaware Slide" and “Goodbye Baby” (bonus track).

The “first take” of the band’s debut album featuring Thorogood’s original three-piece -- Thorogood on vocals, electric guitar, harmonica, Ron Smith on guitar and Jeff Simon on drums, the album features Thorogood’s first incarnation of the then George Thorogood And The Delaware Destroyers, modeled on Hound Dog Taylor’s format—two guitars and drums. The actual studio album that was later released in 1977 included bass player Bill Blough, who joined the band several months after the first raw sessions took place. The decision was made to overdub Bill onto the existing tracks for the studio release, and the chemistry was so strong, that Thorogood, Blough and Simon are still together in 2015.

Says Scott Billington, Vice President, A&R of Rounder Records, “Rounder founder Ken Irwin kept remembering the original mixes—the rawness and immediacy of George playing live in the studio, which is the missing early recorded chapter of the band’s history. We are now offering to fans, the first album by George Thorogood And The Delaware Destroyers, as it was first heard, remixed from the original 24-track tapes by Paul Q. Kolderie (whose credits include Radiohead and Pixies).

Billington adds, “The most startling aspect about this album is the focus and power of George’s performance—how he had found not only a compelling voice for reinterpreting the songs of his heroes, but how he delivered them with such convincing and unaffected authority. It’s something to which every young blues band aspires, and George had it from the beginning.”

George Thorogood and the Destroyers has become an American music institution, carrying the flame of no-frills rock ’n roll from one century to the next. When the band played its first gigs in the mid-1970s, Thorogood’s heroes such as Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and John Lee Hooker were still actively touring. Having added to their legacy with his own repertoire of new blues and boogie standards, Thorogood, over the decades, stands as one of the stalwarts of American roots music. Several of these songs remain staples of the band’s live set, and are showcased on the original versions of the new release.

Thorogood and his band are currently on the “George Thorogood And The Destroyers: Badder Than Ever” tour which began on February 27 in Burlington, Vermont, and concludes on April 26 at Stagecoach Festival in Indio, California. The legendary group goes back on the road co-headlining a second U.S. tour with Brian Setzer from May 27-June 20.

2000 pressed for RSD 2015

Track Listing:

1 You Got To Lose
2 Madison Blues
3 One Bourbon One Scotch And One Beer
4 Ride On Josephine
1 Can't Stop Lovin'
2 Homesick Boy
3 I'll Change My Style
4 Delaware Slide
5 Goodbye Baby (Previously Unreleased)

Lets start the bidding at $1.00, and run the auction till Nov 27th at 12:00 midnight, Central standard time. No Reserve Auction. Winning bidder to pay for shipping charges.

Again Please remember that all funds raised from this auction will go toward helping out adopted families. Also I will be auctioning off many more items for our charity in the coming days. If you would like me to hold off on shipping so you could consolidate items to save on shipping I would be happy to.

Thank you for looking
Grumpy

Thanks for all your bids folks ! Remember, this one ends tonight, so get your bids in soon. Good luck to all.

Dave

Hi, thanks so much for your generous support of our charities. This thread should outline how, and where to pay.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....s-for-the-holidays-2017.796847/#post-11036596

Shipping costs will be as follows

For up to 2 records shipping will costs $5.00. For insurance up to $50.00 please add 2.20 additional. If you would still like your items shipped via priority mail please let me know and I will get you a quote. For more than 3 LP's, please PM me for costs.

Thank you again for your support. We appreciate it very much ! Your total will be X ( X = winning bids ) + 5.00. shipping.

Dave

Paid $45 but thought I would be able to add a comment after pay button .... but no.
So, am sorry Mrs. Grumpy .... no "VOA" comment, just a note on the Thorogood album.
I tried.... but in the end failed on adding the comment.

Paid $45 but thought I would be able to add a comment after pay button .... but no.
So, am sorry Mrs. Grumpy .... no "VOA" comment, just a note on the Thorogood album.
I tried.... but in the end failed on adding the comment.

No problem, As long as we have your shipping info. Would you like us to hold out a bit on shipping to see if there's any other auctions your interested in. Could save you on shipping. Thanks again for your support.

No problem, As long as we have your shipping info. Would you like us to hold out a bit on shipping to see if there's any other auctions your interested in. Could save you on shipping. Thanks again for your support.
Ship at your convenience and If I spy something else then so be it .... Merry Christmas Grumpy and Mrs. Grumpy!

Back
Top Bottom