Auction for VOA Charity: Miles Davis, Jazz Tracks, Mono sealed LP NO Reserve !!!

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Auction For VOA. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our VOA charity you can read about it here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/adopting-families-for-the-holidays-2016.742506/

With the holidays fast approaching its time for we here on Audiokarma to start our annual fund raising drive to help those less fortunate. How this works is we list items for sale with a start and ending date. Once the item ends please contact me for payment info.

Please remember that 100% of the funds from this auction will go to help our adopted VOA families. OK, on to the auction

Up for your bidding pleasure is a sealed copy of Miles Davis, Jazz Tracks, Legacy CL1269. Mono Reissue and a must have for the Miles lover !

Stock Copy Picture
View attachment 784540

Miles Davis Jazz Track on Numbered Limited Edition 180g Mono LP from Legacy

Relatively Unknown Album Features Three Tracks Recorded by Kind of Blue Sextet in 1958: Excellent-Sounding Mono LP

Remainder of Record Comprised of 10 Improvised Tracks Davis Made in 1957 With European Musicians for the Film Soundtrack to French Director Louis Malle's Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud

Relatively unknown even by diehard Miles Davis fans, Jazz Track combines ten improvised cuts the trumpeter made in 1957 with European musicians in Paris for director Louis Malle’s film Ascenseur Pour L’Echafaud (Elevator To the Gallows) along with three compositions (the original “Fran-Dance,” and the standards, “On Green Dolphin Street” and “Stella by Starlight”) recorded by Davis' sextet in 1958 in New York. Featuring Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb, the latter are the only other studio recordings the group made prior to the Kind Of Blue sessions in ’59.

The two underrated sessions are collected here on one superior-sounding mono LP. The quintet's work for Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud emerged after the bandleader gave the musicians rough harmonic sequences from which they took off without any prepared plans as edited loops of the film sequences projected in the background. Meanwhile, the three highlights from the sextet's session on May 26, 1958 (Davis' 32nd birthday) with Columbia staff producer Cal Lampley represent crucial music history as they preceded the creation of what remains the biggest-selling, most recognized album in jazz.

Hearing everything unfold in mono, and in analog, on this engrossing LP is an unexpected and welcome gift no jazz lover should be without.

Track Listing:

1. Générique
2. L'Assassinat De Carala
3. Sur L'Autoroute
4. Julien Dans L'Ascenseur
5. Florence Sur Les Champs-Élysées
6. Dîner Au Motel
7. Évasion De Julien
8. Visite Du Vigile
9. Au Bar Du Petit Bac
10. Chez Le Photographe Du Motel
11. On Green Dolphin Street
12. Fran-Dance
13. Stella By Starlight

Lets start the bidding at $1.00, and run the auction till November 28th at 12:00 midnight, eastern standard time. No Reserve Auction. Winning bidder to pay for shipping charges.

Again Please remember that all funds raised from this auction will go toward helping out adopted families. Also I will be auctioning off many more items for our charity in the coming days. If you would like me to hold off on shipping so you could consolidate items to save on shipping I would be happy to.

Thank you for looking
Grumpy

This work by the Grumpy family, Mr and Mrs, is one of the reason I like this time of year and are one of the many things that make AK a different type of community. I am in on this for $15 and feel bad about raising the bid on someone from the sprawling metropolis of Redford. Grew up there. Went to St. Hilary grade school and Bishop Borgess HS. Neither of which are in operation any longer. Spent many a night at the Uncle John's pancake house on Telegraph and too many Saturday's as a kid bowling at Brentwood Lanes on Plymouth. I'll be back for T-Day...

No need to feel bad about raising the bid. It all goes to a great charity :)

Thanks guys, can we keep it going. Still have a few days left. Soon as I get back on my feet i'll get a few more charity auctions running.

Back
Top Bottom