Auction for VOA: Stevie Ray Vaughn 3 LP's

geartech

certifiable open reel nut
Nice little Lot of 3 Stevie Ray Vaughn Albums - Well...actually 2 and a bonus. Great LP's of SRV's early work.

The bonus is first: David Bowie - Let's Dance - 1983 LP that introduced us all to SRV. This has a promo stamp on the corner of the front cover, and the deadwax is stamped with RL and Masterdisk. NM-, NM-

"In January 1983, Vaughan recorded guitar on six of the album's eight songs, including the title track and "China Girl". The album was released on April 14, 1983 and sold over three times as many copies as Bowie's previous album."

Then there's SRV's first LP - Texas Flood -1983 - VG++ cover - Promo Stamp on corner of back cover, NM- vinyl

"Released on June 13, 1983, Texas Flood peaked at number 38." If I understand the story right, he was discovered, if you will, at the Montreaux Jazz festival in 82 - Bowie saw him there, and the next night he played a club and Jackson Browne saw him there, offering him a few days in his studio in LA. Here they laid down some what would be Texas Flood.

And the third is... SRV's second LP - Couldn't Stand the Weather - 1984 - has shrink and hype sticker on it. Some light edge wear at the opening so I'll call the cover VG++, vinyl NM-

"Couldn't Stand the Weather was released on May 15, 1984, and two weeks later it had rapidly outpaced the sales of Texas Flood. It peaked at number 31 and spent 38 weeks on the charts. The album includes Vaughan's cover of Jimi Hendrix's song, "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)", which provoked inevitable comparisons to Hendrix."

100% of the funds from this auction will go to help our adopted VOA families. I'll pay shipping to anywhere in US (that includes AK, HI, PR)

Lets start the bidding at $5.00, and run the auction till Mon Dec 1 at 12:00 midnight, eastern standard time....

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpg
    IMG_4310.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4312.jpg
    IMG_4312.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 13
You folks rock ! Happy Holidays !

Dave

Day Late

I wish I had seen this auction sooner, I missed it my fault. :-(

Last edited:
Hey Frannie, Looks like you are the winner! Let me know when you pay AK and your address and I'll get them on the way to you!

Mike

Hiya,

I will fire you a PM in a bit when I get to a stable place to pay this and also type on a real computer.

Thanks!!!

Frannie

Back
Top Bottom