Auction Score!

bullgill

Scored these last night for $2 at a local auction.

I think they are Dynaco A25's, I tested them and the only thing wrong is the missing grills.

I have to say I like the way they sound with my polk LS-70's, the polks are heavy on the highs and these have decent base and heavy mids. Good combination! The sound does not fill the room like the polks though.

I think they remind me a bit of a pair of acoustic research AR-2 speakers I have.

Unfortunate they do not have the grills but I see you can buy cloth for about $6-$8 per speaker. That is probably what I'll do.

Scored these last night for $2 at a local auction.

I think they are Dynaco A25's, I tested them and the only thing wrong is the missing grills.

I have to say I like the way they sound with my polk LS-70's, the polks are heavy on the highs and these have decent base and heavy mids. Good combination! The sound does not fill the room like the polks though.

I think they remind me a bit of a pair of acoustic research AR-2 speakers I have.

Unfortunate they do not have the grills but I see you can buy cloth for about $6-$8 per speaker. That is probably what I'll do.

That's odd, I don't see that they have any BASE at all, just the usual speaker boxes. Do they have any decent BASS response?

You done well sir!

Enjoy them. Like most Dynaco equipment, they sound very nice and are eminently listenable.

Shelly_D

I also picked up this Technics cd player with the box but no remote and a Toshiba boombox. I paid $3 for the Technics cd player and $5 for the boombox.

The boom box works with the radio and the tape players belt seems fine but I play a cassette and it does not play any music even though it is feeding properly also the cd player just blinks ( -- -- ) a few times and shuts off without trying to spin the CD. I guess the boombox might have to be sold as is, I was thinking about keeping it a while too. : (

That's odd, I don't see that they have any BASE at all, just the usual speaker boxes. Do they have any decent BASS response?

Like the Acoustic Research AR-2 speakers I have they surprise me, I can jack the base up all the way up and they handle all of it without distorting. It kind of freaked me out seeing that little 10"? cone vibrating like that so I turned it down. It sounded fine though and I could really feel the bass.

I still like my ElectroVoice Model 12TRXB speaker mounted in a huge box for bass, the bass might not hit as hard but it is more present in the totality of the music itself, giving a warm sound.

I have a powered subwoofer buried in the garage, 300W I think. I forget what it is but I were crazy about bass I would just dig that out.

Back
Top Bottom