Auctions, thrift stores and nostalgia

JonTee

This has been an interesting week for me...able to drive again, so....first stop after an appointment with the saw-bones was a thrift store...came out with a pair of Boston Acoustics A-100 speakers:grnbounce ...all right! Cabs need refinishing and woofers to refoam but they work for $13.

Might be on a roll here...looked in the paper...big auction...lots of old radio and tv stuff from tv repairman who saved everything...lots of antique radio guys there...apparently not many hifi people...got a Teac 3300 RTR for $8...:banana: ...Far out!

Man, things are looking up...oh my gawd...there is the portable RCA record player I had when I was a kid...my first personal recorded music experiences from 1957...had to bid high for this one...$12...I am stoked!

Well, there has to be an end to this...I'll try the thrift again on my next appointment...I need a stand for downstairs and I saw one there, but it was price to high I thought...no luck...somebody got it...but...but...but...there's a Pioneer SX-939 receiver...my first real hifi that I been wishing I still had for years...in fabulous condition!!!!.....Bitchin!....$35:yippy:

Life is good!

Jon:D

Excellent Jon, I hope your luck continues.

Is the RCA one of those vinyl suitcase style jobs... if so, I remember them from my early youth many years ago.

last week there was a set of mint sansui speakers,not sure what model number they were but they were either a 8 or 10 inch 3 way $15.i would have bought them but have no more room for another set of speakers.:confused:

Originally posted by JoZmo
Is the RCA one of those vinyl suitcase style jobs... if so, I remember them from my early youth many years ago.

Yes, Jozmo, here is a picture of it (atop the Wharfedale W70D you were asking about in the speaker forum):

Oh ya, seeing that portable record player brings back memories. :yes:

Your Wharfedales are beauties. They look a bit taller than the ones I saw and the grills are different. The W70Cs have a window pane style over the grill cloth.

A Cry For Help Perhaps

Congrats Jon Tee glad you're getting around and picking up some goodies.

boostcrazy what do you mean "no room for another set of speakers" ? This does not compute perhaps you need a place to store some gear?;) :D :D

Back
Top Bottom