Audacity Help Needed!

2DualsNotEnough

Addicted Member
I decided to transfer my wifes cassette singles to wav files,then to cd.Im using Audacity,and I recorded them all as one audio file(stereo).Im having trouble seperating them into individual songs.Can anyone tell me how to use those tags on the bottom to seperate them?
Thanks,
Jimmy

I never did it that way....I just created a new project and copied things one at a time, then exported.

Or, highlight the song, and then "export selection as" works as well.

How about recording the entire cassette into Audacity as one recording, or do one side at a time. Then select each song individually out of the main recording. Go to file, scroll down to 'export selection as an mp3' (or wav). It works well. I'm guessing there is probably a more automated way but i'm not aware of it.

There are a few ways of adding the tags. One is to use the "Silence Finder" found in the Analyze menu. This works well for Rock and Pop, not so much for something with a lot of quiet passages. To remove an unwanted tag, click on it and hit backspace. Careful though, one backspace too many and you'll delete the whole audio track.
Another way to add labels is to use keyboard shortcuts, CTRL+B and CTRL+M (adds label on the fly). Once you've added metadata and track labels to your satisfaction, you can select "export mulitple" to create individual files for each track.

Back
Top Bottom