Audacity question

may29901

Too bad there isnt a recording forum...anyway.. I was trying to edit some audio in Audacity. I got the files into the program...its talk audio and its one 40 minute speech but it ripped as 8 different tracks. It will play each track ok one at a time..
but what I want is for it to play the whole thing consecutively so I can identify some small parts that I want to delete from the talk. I also want to save it as wav as one file( Export does this in Audacity)
....the original CD it came off plays as one long
track without pause...How do I get it to play as one fully and save it as one wav file??

You can cut and paste segments of audio and tack it in as an addition of the first file. You can then grab, cut and delete dead segments to make your final file continuous. I think there is an auto function that will remove dead air automatically.

I don't know about Audacity, but when you feel like you want to get deeper into audio editing and conversion, you might give Reaper a try. It's a free download and competes with the likes of PTools. Good luck.

https://www.reaper.fm/

Not sure that I understand your question properly, but if you import the tracks into Audacity and then immediately export them as a single wav file, you can then work with the saved wav file instead of the original rips. That will play all the way through and you can clip out the bits you want. Am I missing something?

Better check again.:)

Unless I'm missing something, their site says 60 day free evaluation period, $60 for a discounted license, and $225 for a commercial license.

Yeah, I recall reading that, too. But in reality, I think the 60 day free evaluation never actually ends - you just have to voluntarily pay.

Now that we got all that out of the way ... here's the answer the OP was looking for ...

It is sort of a shame that Audacity doesn't make it simpler, but it's not like it comes up all that often.

Back
Top Bottom