Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

how about "rare" for the turntables, receivers, speakers that Pioneer/Technics/Kenwood/et al
made in the millions over several decades that continues to this day.

as if we're dumb enough to believe the power of strong marketing words...

how about "rare" for the turntables, receivers, speakers that Pioneer/Technics/Kenwood/et al

Even though the big brands do have the odd rare ultra high-fi product, I've got to agree that 99.9% of the time the designation is used it's by someone that has no idea what the word actually means in a collector sense. But this happens with everything from cars to Pokemon cards. I had a 1969 Road Runner convertible.. it wasn't rare because they made over 2000 of them! Rare is a 1935 Bugatti race car. There might be 3 or 7 of them around. Rare is a Pikachu "Illustrator" Pokemon card. There are 5.

Not surprisingly though, enough "Sheeple`s" are willing to be suckered, and the vultures are always out there to take advantage.

"Common sense, ain`t always common' !!

But I hear you Bob.. Have a great weekend Sir.

Regards, OKB

Stop calling everything "warm" sounding. Vinyl doesn't sound "warm."

"Warm" does not, in any way, closely represent any adjective that could even remotely describe what something sounds like. It's like saying an LP sounds "magenta" -- I'm just gonna start telling everyone my record collection is really "magenta" sounding, and that's why I like it.

Also, your shitty black plastic gear from 1992 is not "vintage."

This one is up near the top of my list. "I decided to recap my vintage receiver. I really don't know a diode from a resistor. My unit is now blowing fuses. I need everyone here to help me fix the problem."

"Newbie." As in, "I'm a newbie and I plan on reconditioning a vintage receiver. Tell me what to do next."

Yes, let me tell you what "I think" would sound best to/for your ears !!
Mercy Sakes Alive !!
I truly don`t get it !!

I guess I`m from another "out of touch" old timer pre "interweb" for the gemme, later generations
"Newbie." As in, "I'm a newbie and I plan on reconditioning a vintage receiver. Tell me what to do next."

Don`t even get me started !!

Last edited:
This one is up near the top of my list. "I decided to recap my vintage receiver. I really don't know a diode from a resistor. My unit is now blowing fuses. I need everyone here to help me fix the problem."

Yeah !! I SAY !! go buy a shit load of electronic study books like I did (circa 1974)(pre-interweb) and read your ass` off instead of partying if you want to learn about "basic/fundamental" electronics before you decide to embark on trying to work on any electrical/electronic devices !!

Before you come groveling here for" fundamental electronical audio repair information"..

Then ask, et. al. for/about "specific" rational' technical questions...

You seasoned long timer A K guys here have sometimes way more patience then I do, even though I`m totally self taught, from what I`ve been reading here after lurking around here for almost two years...

Mercy Sakes Alive... Regards, OKB

There !! Sorry about the old man rant !!

I`m sure I`ll receive some negative responses for the above statements !!
But there it is.

Regards, OKB

here are the rest, site post limitations prohibited me from listing them all in one post.:

Opaque - Unclear, lacking Transparency...
Woolly - Loose, ill-defined bass.

Could you please be a bit more specific?

Cheers,
James

Back
Top Bottom