b.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 167
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 303
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 166
I cringed when I saw the abuse both record and stylus received when being relieved of their duties, in the scene above and another one in Walter's bedroom...crikey!!!

Actually the bedroom was the opposite, Walter was cueing up, if one could call it that, the disc, however he was somewhat distraught!

The chair scene reminded me of the Maxell ad!

Last edited:
That one of those reversible carts? I could swear I've seen something like that before.

I don't think that Sherwood (from the 1st page :D) is missing the balance knob.

I think it's the special "audiophile" version without a balance control.

You know, for signal purity.

:D

Doug

Last nights show, with Walter in the chair and in front of that wall of gear, was
quite possibly aimed at the crowd that in the past posted comments on
TTs and alike seen in past episodes.

Next they will be knocking on local Vancouver {as the show is shot here} AKers doors to borrow gear!

Now that would be something interesting.

Last nights show, with Walter in the chair and in front of that wall of gear, was
quite possibly aimed at the crowd that in the past posted comments on
TTs and alike seen in past episodes.

Next they will be knocking on local Vancouver {as the show is shot here} AKers doors to borrow gear!

Now that would be something interesting.
Does make you wonder how audio gear became such a prominent "prop" in a TV show.

That's a hoot - kind of a tribute to the Maxell tape commercial! I think the speakers on the bottom right with the beige grills are Avids.

IIRC the record player with the floating knob above the stylus is that old Zenith portable phono he was using in the lab up to the middle of season 2. After Peter found and repaired that Phillips table the old Zenith stopped appearing (until now).

The Sherwood receiver made another appearance in season 2 in the apartment of the man who could move through time electrically. It was blasting out The Tubeway Army's "Are Friends Electric" (excellent tune, btw - early Gary Numan) when Walter comes in and turns it down to try and talk the time traveler out of his plan to save his wife.

Just catching up on season 3 and there is a Sony TC-252 reel to reel featured in it. Walter even comments on how he used to have the same model and used it to listen to Beatles songs backwards for hours while being totally baked. Later in the lab he's using an Akai or Roberts portable (with the little speakers behind the side doors).

Lots of great gear and music in that show, and to me it really adds an important dimension to it.

Definitely a Philips 212 turntable. I have one with the little lever on the left side that I haven't figured out what it is yet.

The speaker in the OP with one woofer one tweeter looks like a Polk Audio, Monitor 5jr.

Yeah, what a terrific call out to vintage audio gear lovers. :) A nice assortment of equipment indeed. I definitely recognized the Yamaha but couldn't quite place it. CA-610 looks about right. Good catch on the Nikko receiver, Dave... but I'm not sure it's a NR-1219. Check out this photo, here, and here. It looks similar, though. Must be an adjacent model. Ah, I think I found it. The NR-1019.

What a wild eclectic collection of speakers, too. :)

Slightly off topic, I watched X-men first class a few days ago and noticed the nice Revox A77 prominently showcased in the bad guy's submarine. Nice!

Marc

As ya-all all can see, I am very much into "FRINGE." What I find most appealing about the show are the actors.. There is nothing 'Glamorous' or 'Hollywood' about any of them. They are just plain ordanary everyday looking folks just like you and me.. And that's what makes them so believable and gives the show that special little touch of realism..
Walter always plays records,and many times, even though you don't always see the audio equipment, you will hear an old song playing very softly in the background.. In this past week's episode, when Walter was in his lab talking to the little boy, the song 'The Mighty Quinn' was playing in the background very faint and very soft. You almost had to turn your volume up to hear it,, but it was there. ( The Mighty Quinn was by Manford Mann, 1966). Then in another part of the show the song 'I Can Help' was playing. (Billy Swan 1976).

!!! GO FRINGE !!!! May it be with us forever !!!

I've been watching the show from the first episode. I've call it "The X-Files on steroids". Now you've given me a reason to record it and go over some sections frame by frame. Thanks a lot.:D

If I do that all I notice is Anna Torv

AC-1250, you touch on something important... a little OT, but worth saying. Fringe is a terrific and terribly underrated show. I wish more people knew about it. The stories are usually great. The acting is absolutely top notch. The chemistry between everyone just works so well. John Noble and Anna Torv really make the show. I'd give anything to be involved with that production... if only they'd make it to a 6th season. I think Season 4 will be the last. :(

AC-1250, you touch on something important... a little OT, but worth saying. Fringe is a terrific and terribly underrated show. I wish more people knew about it. The stories are usually great. The acting is absolutely top notch. The chemistry between everyone just works so well. John Noble and Anna Torv really make the show. I'd give anything to be involved with that production... if only they'd make it to a 6th season. I think Season 4 will be the last. :(
You're absolutly right myu701, Fringe is a very underrated show,as well as terrific, just like you said.. In fact,we almost didn't have a 4th season. According to the ratings, Fringe has an audiance of about 5 million viewers.. That sounds like a lot to me, but I guess it's not in the world of tv ratings..
Usually when a network moves a show to Friday, that's always a sign that it is up for cancellation.. But somthing wonderful happen when they did that to Fringe.. Their viewing audiance remained at 5 million and in fact increased a little!! This showed Fox that Fringe has truely loyal fans,and because of that , they decided to renew the show for another season..
But I feel like you do,, that this may be their last season. So I taped several episodes that I'm going to keep for sentimental value.. My favorite episode was last year. It was the one with the old man and tho old lady, him in our universe and her in the other one.. They could see each other,but they could not touch each other.. That was a real tear-jerker.
But guess what ?? Fringe may have picked up one more viewer. A good friend of mine who is on this forum heard about the Walter's old stereo, so he watched the show just to get a look at the old audio equipment and maybe identify some of it... Well, he's not quite hooked on the show yet, but I got a feeling that he's gonna be....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom