Audio Fan's Cross Country Audio Adventure

Audio Fan

YT Channel - https://tinyurl.com/29zytwu9
This is a thread to document the audio adventure of my lifetime. Many weeks ago, I happened across an opportunity to buy an incredible system, however, it was on the opposite side of the country. I live in NC and the stereo was in Idaho! I was completely torn about such a distance, but my lovely wife, who really supports my hobby, encouraged me to figure out how to get it home. Even with her support, I was not sure I could pull this off by myself, so, as any AKer would do, I reached out to see if perhaps a local AKer would be interested in assisting.

As I have come to expect, it took just one communication and Drugolf was more than willing to lend a hand. We talked via phone and I explained the situation. Once dates were locked down, he confirmed he was also free, so I sealed the deal and rented a truck. I flew into Boise, met up with Dru and off we went. From Boise, we had to drive up to McCall, ID which is about 2 hrs.. Many, many thanks to Dru for helping, this is a monumental task and his assistance was GREATLY appreciated.

Upon arrival, we checked out the stereo, completed the transaction and commenced to unhooking and packing this beast of a system into the truck which took MUCH longer than expected.

I started the drive this morning. At each stop, I will upload a picture to show what is in this system and the final picture will be the speakers. The trip, from end to end, will be approximately 2,600 mi, so an epic adventure for the books.
image.jpeg
For the first pic, I present a VERY rare beast. The Citation XXP preamp with even more rare wood case which I could no longer even find a picture of one.

Last edited:
Stopped for the night and will get going again in the morning.

So, before calling it a night, I will update with a pic of the next piece, the Nakamichi 1000ZXL. There are actually two of them.

Planning to drop it off to Nakdoc on the way home for a full restore.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Great looking equipment and well worth the trip! Beautiful country you're in too. Are you driving all the way back to NC?

Was this all one persons estate?? Cl score of the century. Talk about casting a wide net. Wonder if your Sui gear will be up for sale soon?? Cheers to Darryl

Waiting for my invite once hooked up. My guess the purchase price was well worth the plane fare, truck rental, gas, lodging and large tube of hemorrhoidal cream. :beerchug:

Thank you for not stretching this out by showing the first Nak deck and then the next installment showing the second one, same with the Krells. That would have been torture waiting of the next big thing and only get another big thing.

That HAUL is a lot of big things. congrats.

First - holy hell man. That's some incredibly impressive gear. Hate to be a pig about it and if my question is out of line please slap me back to reality, but this is Dollars & Sense. What did the stuff cost? I am mostly interested in the value of the turntable vs. the price paid.

Back
Top Bottom