Audio Fan's Rotating Office Systems

OH, just having some fun....let me see....hum diddy dum....just gonna throw in some Mac mono blocks for fun....la, la, la.

Haha, I like that kind of fun!!

There is a recent thread about various speakers that have been sitting idle for extended periods and this certainly fits that situation. My restore stack is about 45 sets deep. Recently, have been working to pull some sets out and start working on them.

I have several sets of Fraziers, but have yet to have any in the mix, so this week, working on the IV's and Model Sevens. Today, I put in the IV's, prior to them getting the full recap and refinish treatment. I wanted to get hear them before the recap so I can get an idea of the difference. Thus far, they have GREAT imaging that I really did not expect. Not much low end at all, but that could be due to positioning. Mids/highs are very good.

Current pic of the office system, Frazier IV's are sitting on top of the Pioneer TZ-9 in the back.

Update: Have had them playing for a while now and they are smoothing out a bit. Quite amazing how smooth they sound with a piezo, not what one would normally expect.

IMG_1066.jpg

Last edited:
There is a recent thread about various speakers that have been sitting idle for extended periods and this certainly fits that situation. My restore stack is about 45 sets deep. Recently, have been working to pull some sets out and start working on them.

I have several sets of Fraziers, but have yet to have any in the mix, so this week, working on the IV's and Model Sevens. Today, I put in the IV's, prior to them getting the full recap and refinish treatment. I wanted to get hear them before the recap so I can get an idea of the difference. Thus far, they have GREAT imaging that I really did not expect. Not much low end at all, but that could be due to positioning. Mids/highs are very good.

Current pic of the office system, Frazier IV's are sitting on top of the Pioneer TZ-9 in the back.

View attachment 1106476
Do your TZ-9’s have the back woofer screens?

Ahhh, ok, you normally come up with some amazing detail that no one else knows, but this time, just a basic Q. :D

Sure, just let me know and I will get some measurements and good pics.

Ahhh, ok, you normally come up with some amazing detail that no one else knows, but this time, just a basic Q. :D

Sure, just let me know and I will get some measurements and good pics.
Actuall, yeah I’ll take the measurements and pics. I’ll start looking for matches.
The bummer is, I know the back grilles are in a storage unit, but not my storage unit. Instead one of 56 16X16 units the original owner has.

Well, if all 56 of those 16x16 units were full of audio gear, I'd be up for the hunt. :)

I'll work on some pics/measurements and get them to you.

It’s a very close ended deal. He only trusts my dealer buddy with the contents. So it’s slow going.

Well, just let me know if I need to go through some security clearance, no matter how long it takes... I am VERY patient.

I’ll check with him again. I haven’t heard of any treasure finds there lately. Spring is coming, may be hunt time.
Evidently this guy had stores in Japan, and the units are all of the contents when he closed up and moved.

Playing the Fraziers tonight after a recap. Can't say any dramatic difference as it looks like the original caps were good quality. These things don't dig deep, at least not how I have them setup, but they image like crazy. A really fun speaker. Playing some Allman Bros at the moment.

OK, on a Frazier kick lately. Have some Sevens up front, suckers are big and heavy beasts. I have found this little scissor jack cart to be a real back saver at getting things moved around. I can take something from the dolly to the cart, then jack it up high for working on things, like recapping these Sevens, for example. Then move them straight to speaker stand height, fabulous. The main reason I got it was to unload 180 lb amps which it REALLY excels at, but I don't do that as often as moving speakers.

So, now on to the speakers. I am sure they are much better positioned lower and tilted slightly, but I am just putting them in here temporarily as I still need to work up some grills and do some veneer refinishing. I recapped them, so wanted to hear them before going any further. Speaking of that, I also put in some better speaker terminals since I had them handy.

Once all done, I buttoned them back up, then connected them to my test amp. Turned everything on and whoa, intermittent sound in one, then nothing in the other, then vice versa. I'm getting nervous I did something wrong, so I get my meter out for a sanity check and put them across the terminals, all looks good. So, I hookup my usual test speakers and..... the same thing. It seems a recent testing of some cassette decks required I use the monitor switch and it developed some issues, so a good deoxit bath and all new again.

Thus far, I am really liking what I hear. Second set of Fraziers and they are an under the radar brand, for sure. Need some more time with them, so will hold off on any more comments until I get more listening time.

The "must have" accessory below for anyone moving hefty items around.
IMG_1171.jpg

Frazier Sevens
IMG_1170.jpg

Last edited:
Been a while since I have updated this thread. Since my last post, lots of change. Built a "new" rack stand from an old computer rack.

Currently running some ADS 910 powered with my NAD 2600a amp and Pioneer Elite pre using a Denon 62L and Pioneer Elite CD player.

Office system Oct 2020.jpg

I have not kept up this thread very well. Time for an update.

Swapped in the Sony STR-V7 for a while. Awesome receiver, really punchy. Going to move the TT to the main showroom and bring in something else.

IMG_8082.jpg

Back
Top Bottom