Audio Techica AT95HE cartridge

Jbl Joe

I recently upgraded a AT95e with a hyperellipitical stylus from Turntable Needles. All l can say is Holy Cow!! What difference! No more IGD punchier deeper bass more extended but smoother highs and even thrift store records sound incredibly clean. I have this installed in a modified Teac TN 300 table tracking at 1.8g. Anybody have any opinion?

Interesting. I have an Akai BT500, which is essentially the same table as yours, also with an AT95e. I was thinking about the needle upgrade and may now try it. BTW, what exactly have you done to modify your Teac TN 300?

Now that Shure's going out of the phono cartridge business, I might fall back on my AT95E cartridge for light-tracking (i.e. < 1.5 g) duties. I'm thinking about the different 3rd-party styli offerings.

Now that Shure's going out of the phono cartridge business, I might fall back on my AT95E cartridge for light-tracking (i.e. < 1.5 g) duties. I'm thinking about the different 3rd-party styli offerings.
Track it around 1.8-2gs regardless of the stylus. A/T makes a nice nude elliptical (the dark red atylus) but the serious jump in sound quality begins with Turntable Needles hyperellipitical or Shibata tips. Much greatet resolution impact extension and no igd

I like mine a lot but I bought the stylus from Gary at TVOM. Probably the same manufacturer.

Here it is testing out the new table and arm:
v02ucp2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom