Audio-Technica CS-112SII Stylus Replacement

kwatch

I foolishly dropped the Audio Technica AT 12S(Shibata) stylus and tip is gone. Where can I get the original stylus and how much it will be? Can you recommend me other stylus or cartridge I can try?
Thanks.
IMG_20171018_162138.jpg
IMG_20171018_162201.jpg
IMG_20171018_162317.jpg

kw: BBE (adelcom.net) still has the ATS12S listed for not quite 110 bucks.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

edit: typo extermination

Last edited:
kw: No - recommending incompatible needles is one of my hobbies. :p

(read: Yes, of course it is - otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. In fact it might even be a slight upgrade, if you're lucky enough to get a nude exemplar, whereas the ATN12S always is bonded only. Unlike the latter, the ATS12S doesn't sport a visor guard, though...)

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

kw: No - recommending incompatible needles is one of my hobbies. :p

(read: Yes, of course it is - otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. In fact it might even be a slight upgrade, if you're lucky enough to get a nude exemplar, whereas the ATN12S always is bonded only. Unlike the latter, the ATS12S doesn't sport a visor guard, though...)

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Unfortunately, it's out of stock. They told me the last one was sold in late September.

Unfortunately, it's out of stock. They told me the last one was sold in late September.

Ahhh, too bad. I wasn't aware that they also (like for example Stereoneedles) are somewhat slow in terms of availability status updates on their web-site. But maybe that's just to be expected from vendors with somewhat homegrown web-sites that aren't automatically updated by shop software solutions... Anyway, sorry then - especially as I might be partly responsible, 'cause I've suggested the ATS12S from BBE a couple of times within the last couple of months. I just hope the remaining exemplars were bought by actual users and not by smart, rather expensive resellers (like for example that eBay vendor, whose eBay name one could for example paraphrase with "espritremedies"...).

Hmmm. I don't think I'm aware of any other still priceworthy vendor sources for the original ATS12S or ATN12S, then.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Back
Top Bottom