Audio trade lands me a new ride

Those big Ford's are not around much anymore.At least not like they used to be.So what exactly did you trade for that?

If you want a better 351 engine without all the smog crap look for an early seventies Ford Ranchero or Ford Ecoline van that's all beat up. Later seventies 351 heads are smog heads and just don't get the job done....'69-73 351 engines can be easily found cheaply in cars no one wants anymore because they are too beat up to restore. Look for staition wagons and large four door cars also.

My brother used to drive from Calgary to the oil sands. He has had many more and supposedly better, but he still says that his old Bronco was better than any he has had since! Especially crawling across the Rockies mountain streams.

Haha,

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the posts!

The Bronco originally came with the 351, however at some point a 460 Conversion was completed and done right. So naturally that made me happy to see, as long as it was done well that is.

The speakers in questions were a pair of L65's and honestly as much as I love them, the Bronco really hits home with me. It's like welcoming home an old friend and a nostalgic feeling.

I love the early Bronco's, they are just too dang much these days. Even this one, I normally wouldn't be able to touch for under 5k typically.

So far I've done the following:

1) I jumped the solenoid and was able to get the motor to kick over.
2) Replaced the solenoid, the starter cable and installed a new battery
3) Bought a new fuel pump (old one is not pumping)
4) Have a new ignition switch, still wasn't able to turn key in dash to get it to kick over.
5) I will pick up a ignition control module if I I'm still checking wires and getting nothing.

I'll keep you posted!

The Bronco originally came with the 351, however at some point a 460 Conversion was completed and done right. So naturally that made me happy to see, as long as it was done well that is.

Well now you're down to 6 mpg. :D The 460 is a good engine if you need to pull something but otherwise I'd rather have the 351W (or was it a modified) but then again that's just my opinion. The 460 that I had would run on the warm side but never got hot. Still a cool old vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom