Audiodon has left us...

An update on an old thread. I received a message from Don's youngest daughter the other day. She was missing her Dad and decided to read about him in this thread. She was really pleased to read all of the wonderful comments that AK people have left here about her Dad.

I called her up and we had a nice discussion. I told her that her Dad was well regarded in the AK community for being very good with tubes and with system setup and tuning. But I told her that I thought he was even better known as being a really nice, generous and helpful guy to so many of us.

I'm missing my good friend Don right now and so are his kids and wife. My thanks to all of you for helping his family find some peace through reading all of your kind comments.

Don was always a kind and gentle voice on this and other enthusiast sites over the years. Never a cross word for anyone, and encouraging to all. Exuberance and civility, always. His conversations always drew a crowd, and he assisted many a novice are my fondest recollections.

I always enjoyed our many conversations about Fisher and other vintage tube equipment over the years, here and elsewhere, and regret that we never were able to meet.

I only learned of Don’s passing in the last few days, as I do not visit these places regularly anymore. His is a voice that will be deeply missed.

Like many, I too just became aware of the sad news. And, like many, I too had a lot of great conversations and exchanges with Don in past years, and offer my deepest and sincerest condolences to the family. Don will be missed! A GREAT AK member, a great guy, and may he rest in peace and his family find peace as well. WC

Damn...what a freakin' nice guy! Great taste in movies and music, eager to explain his love of Fisher tube equipment (and Spendor speakers), and, always, enthusiastic. About five years ago, I came to inherit some old equipment...including a beautiful Fisher 500c. Someone suggested I have it looked at, or even restored, by the infamous Audiodon (who lived just an hour from my house). Arrangements were made, and about five months later, I stopped at his house to pick up my TOTALLY restored amp...and I got a real lesson in how painstaking his restoration was. Anyway, so damn sorry to hear about this. A great guy, a model AK member, and he will be missed by anyone who met him. Damn!

I didn’t know Don well, but he always made a point to talk to me as he was originally from RI. I’m happy to say he made it to my house for an informal get together before he was diagnosed. He was a very generous guy and always made me feel like a peer even though I clearly was not.

Back
Top Bottom