Audiodon has left us...

Discussion in 'AK News' started by LexDM3, Jan 24, 2018.

1. 71R/T

71R/T AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am a relative newcomer here but I am sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Lman

Lman Active Member

Rest in Peace

3. kvflyer

kvflyer AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am very sorry to hear this. Peace to him and his family.

4. kward

kward Super Member

I didn't know Don very well personally, I interacted with him a few times on this forum, but I really felt I came to know him through his many other posts as he interacted with all of you here in our community on this forum. He was always cordial and humble. These are some of the greatest traits a man can have. I know God will reward him for his pure heart and positive impact he had on many lives. My thoughts and regards go out to his family.

mech986 likes this.
  5. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

May he rest in peace. What a loss for our community.

I can't understand that I did not start a Birthday thread for him last year (60th!) although he was listed in the Birthday calendar. He actually deserved one! It is such a shame...

Don - I wish you could hear me saying sorry...!

Beau Geste likes this.
  6. chinacave

chinacave Its Like a Jungle Sometimes; It makes me Wonder Subscriber

RIP Don, A treasure of a human the likes of which one meets rarely. Aside from all the Hifi stuff, we kept on finding weird / obscure things in common. A true friend and my life has been enriched by him. Now he is in the deepest vacuum, where the getters never go bad! GodSpeed, Don.

7. Fisherdude

Fisherdude Regular Dude - Super Mod Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

I knew this was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. Don and I had a lot of great conversations over our mutual love of Fisher tube gear, in the Forum, and via PM, and on the phone. I have a piece of Fisher gear I got from him that I will always keep, just for the memories it carries with me. The obituary did a wonderful job of helping those who never personally knew him to get to know what a great person he was.

RIP, Don.

Ken Boyd and joel27 like this.
  8. niconoise

niconoise New Member

Don welcomed me to Audiokarma at AKfest several years ago.
    He was friendly and knowledgeable.
    I will miss you, Don.

9. knockbill

knockbill Addicted Member

Very sad news,,, condolences to his family and friends,,, RIP...

10. jaymanaa

jaymanaa AK Subscriber Subscriber

RIP Don

11. stereocuuple

stereocuuple Two Channel Only Subscriber

How awful and sad. Farewell my friend

12. grindfix

grindfix Full time hobby Subscriber

Rest in peace.
    We'll all have read and learned from Don's posts.

13. Mingo

Mingo stranger in a strange land Subscriber

Godspeed. I'll be firing up the Fisher this weekend in Don's honor.

14. ranf1970

ranf1970 Life without music would be a mistake. Subscriber

RIP AudioDon. Many blessings to you and condolences to your family and friends.

15. jheu02

jheu02 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Like Frankie, I haven’t been doing too much audio related recently. Just waiting for a flight so decided to log on. Bummer news to get. But to go peacefully with friends and family around...can’t beat that. RIP.

16. Duane

Duane AK Member Subscriber

It is sad to read this. Why is it that the truly good ones have to leave us?

17. byoungman1

byoungman1 AK-47 Subscriber Subscriber

Don was one of the first people I "met" here on AK, and although we never actually saw each other face to face, I always enjoyed his PM's, posts, and insights. A really sharp guy. Hopefully you're in a better place now, buddy.

18. Ken Boyd

Ken Boyd Lunatic Member

Really as I have not been in the Fisher threads for some time I had no idea of AudioDon being ill, that is so sad as he was such a nice member who helped me with all my questions when rebuilding my first Fisher tube amp. There were quite a number of other members offering me advice which was very kind as well but some of the advice was incorrect. Being a complete newbie I had no idea on just who's advice to take as Gospel. When AudioDon offered help, I felt I was in trustworthy hands. And to this day when I use that amp and am reminded of him and his confidence which was what gave me the trust in him to follow his help. I have that old Fisher hooked into my pair of Altec's and a BlueRay player for my main TV. I just used it yesterday while watching one of the Game of Thrones episode, and it still rocks.

My Condolences to the family and the friends of Don, RIP.

jgannon and GD70 like this.
  19. baco99

baco99 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Don's service was today, and it was incredibly touching and incredibly well attended. It was wonderful to see faces and hear stories from so many who loved him. Of course, Dan @LexDM3 helped out with the service by setting up one of Don's final Fisher restorations, a 400 playing through a pair of KLH Sixes. It was a fitting tribute to him and a great connection to this group. Cheers Don, Brian.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. AdamAnt316

AdamAnt316 Collector of heavy things Subscriber

Just got back from the memorial service, which was very nice and well attended. At least a half-dozen AKers were able to make it, including Paul (thedelihaus) and Steph. Don's (and Dan's) Fisher 400 sounded quite nice at the back of the sanctuary hall through the KLH 6s, and probably could've filled the entire hall with sound if we'd cranked it up high enough. Definitely one of the nicest-sounding funerals I've been to.......... :angel:
    -Adam