Audiogon fails to impress

I have not been on Audiogon for a month. I spent a long time cultivating my feedback and I am ****ed off. I used to visit around 4 times a day. I don't really care that much about Audiogon anymore, they are so out of touch doing that to the old system that worked just fine. They don't care, and lack vision.

You know it is really a shame that they tried to reinvent the wheel. There had to be a bean counter involved!
Regards,
Jim

Has anybody figured out how to search by zip-code? it mentions it in the search box but nothing I've tried works. Ugh. I hate A-gon now.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out you can no longer search by partial zip codes. That's not inconvenient at all when you have about 20 zip codes within 10 miles of you.

We just rolled out our 1st phase of a big upgrade and have Zip Code Search across all listings, and Radius Zip Code search.

We have a minor issue that has cropped up with the latter (to be resolved shortly), but we hope you all come visit us to see the other new features.

We'll post a coupon code over in the Sponsor forum asap. Drop us a line with your feedback.

cheers,
The Stereolist Team

We just rolled out our 1st phase of a big upgrade and have Zip Code Search across all listings, and Radius Zip Code search.

We have a minor issue that has cropped up with the latter (to be resolved shortly), but we hope you all come visit us to see the other new features.

We'll post a coupon code over in the Sponsor forum asap. Drop us a line with your feedback.

cheers,
The Stereolist Team

A perfect example of how A'gons improvements are slaughtering their own customer base, and sending business towards their competitors.

Just made my first purchase and first sale (both on the same day, oddly enough) on the "new" Audiogon. As soon as the buyer marked the item as "paid" I started receiving dunning e-mails from Audiogon telling I owed them money and to pay-up. This was yesterday and I have received two such e-mails in less than 24-hours.

I noticed alot of people that used to sell on there are gone. I hope they come back. The likes of Fritz speakers and Monarchy.

I haven't sold anything on there for 5 months. I usually sell a piece or two a month. I haven't even bothered.

Just made my first purchase and first sale (both on the same day, oddly enough) on the "new" Audiogon. As soon as the buyer marked the item as "paid" I started receiving dunning e-mails from Audiogon telling I owed them money and to pay-up. This was yesterday and I have received two such e-mails in less than 24-hours.

Yes, I would suspect they need every penny to keep whatever they have up and running. I used to settle my account in 30 days, now it's two emails in 24 hours. You've got to be kidding. I bet that the money flowing through that place is 10% of what it used to be.

Yes, I would suspect they need every penny to keep whatever they have up and running. I used to settle my account in 30 days, now it's two emails in 24 hours. You've got to be kidding. I bet that the money flowing through that place is 10% of what it used to be.
Maybe that is why they are in such a hurry to get it?

They have a Twitter-feed: https://twitter.com/#!/AudiogoN

If there's something you don't like, let them know. I certainly did. Even the crappy Google ads at the top come before their "identity".

I think the whole thing is an unmitigated disaster. I used to buy and sell there often. Yeah, the older version of the site was somewhat outdated, but it worked and was effective. The old adage K-I-S-S is lost on this "upgrade".

Do a search for "JBL" and scan the list of ads that comes up... see how many of the scam ads you can find.

That place is a joke.

John

I bought and sold recently on agon with no problems. Have never been impressed with their site though, their categories are only slightly more detailed than craigslist. If you know exactly what you want you can find it though I'll give them that

Well, I'd like to exactly find a pair of JBL 4350's being sold by someone that isn't an obvious Nigerian scammer with borrowed - sorry, stolen - pictures and a *brand new* identity... but good luck finding anything like that on the current Audiogon.

John

I can't even see a search box.... I guess you have to be a member AND logged in.

ebay and CL have their drawbacks but they work.

Honestly wehn ebay was getting big, you could get auction site software for free. When is someone going to set up a gear auction site?

Don't have to be logged in... you can find the Nigerian scammer listings w/o being a member.

John

I used to check AG every day. Now I check once a week at best. The number of classifieds on there has taken a VERY noticeable decrease.

I was willing to give their redo the benefit of the doubt but now I think it is clear - put a fork in them - they are done. It's a shame because they filled a valuable nich in the hi-end marketplace. Hopefully someone else will fill the void.

I used to be a light user of AG as a seller. Now I don't know where to go. BT is uncertain for higher priced items and eBay is way too risky for sellers.

Well.......... for all my harping about the changes, I bought and sold (1, each) this past month and all went smoothly, with no complaints. I do wish they would get their category listing back to what it was. That is, when you search for McIntosh or Sony or whatever, it would list everything by component category, in order. Amplifiers were always first, followed by integrated amps, followed by......... you get it. Plus, I do not like getting dunned to pay their fee immediately upon a sale. If I got paid immediately, then they might. But, is very classless on their part.

Back
Top Bottom