Audiokarma has teamed up with TMR to help bring clean water to those in Flint. Please Help !!!

First Super Bowl I went to was XVI held in Pontiac. Closest room was the Hyatt in Flint. It was a troubled town in 1982 and has had a tough climb back. No town or it's citizens deserve this. This is a very nice and necessary gesture. Thanks Mr & Mrs G.
Paypal has been sent.

313gal and I sent some funds.

Flint is just up the road from Metro Detroiters.

btw, this could happen anywhere.

Here is a picture of the lovely Ms G and Raleigh from TMR accepting the water. Sorry its a bit blurry.

Attachments

• 12565534_951938354841817_3829487459953643954_n.jpeg
    12565534_951938354841817_3829487459953643954_n.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
We just dropped off one more pallet of water this morning. If donations keep the pace we should be able to do at least one more pallet tomorrow. You folks are so kind and generous !

Thanks
Dave

Stuff happens, so I'm going to drop some cash in the bucket rather than 90# of water on your porch :D

Stuff happens, so I'm going to drop some cash in the bucket rather than 90# of water on your porch :D

You folks are the best !!!! Thank you so much for helping us to help Flint.

Dave

I'm glad to see so much support. However, I just heard that the tap water in flint is actually back to safe levels? The source of this info may not be as informed as they think. Anyone have any current info?

I'm glad to see so much support. However, I just heard that the tap water in flint is actually back to safe levels? The source of this info may not be as informed as they think. Anyone have any current info?

The news is sketchy here as to exactly what is going on, but if they have switched back to Detroit water, it is less caustic and shouldn't be leaching the metals as fast, if at all. The system still needs a good flushing though, and with todays warmer weather, they should be blowing out fire plugs all over the city to get the old water purged.

The news is sketchy here as to exactly what is going on, but if they have switched back to Detroit water, it is less caustic and shouldn't be leaching the metals as fast, if at all. The system still needs a good flushing though, and with todays warmer weather, they should be blowing out fire plugs all over the city to get the old water purged.

That is what I heard to. TMR was supposed to have to delivered the large truck of water today and collecting monies through the end of the month. We will be sending our further donations on the last day of the month so still time to get them in if you can. Thanks again for everyones kindness.

Dave

"Lead service lines"????
Flint has lead pipes? I thought the lead was leaching from the solder used in the joints.

I guess that's the case though. Much of it looks to be homeowner's lines, or galvanized lines that may have been contaminated by leaching lead.

FWIW, this is the first I've heard of lead water lines anywhere, but apparently it was acceptable up until 1986...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/fl...cy-lead-pipes-not-being-removed-flint-n504491

Last edited:
Lots of cities still have lead service lines. As long as the scale buildup isn't disturbed, it is usually safe. If I was concerned about it, I would take a sample to be tested. If it tests for lead, I believe the city has to replace the service line entering your home.

I bet flint will be replacing a lot of water lines in the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom