Audiokarma has teamed up with TMR to help bring clean water to those in Flint. Please Help !!!

The Flint river water is acidic, and leaches lead from wherever it can find it, including solder joints and service lines. They have been testing in residential taps and finding levels as high as 13K ppb. Maximum allowed is 5 ppb. Some small children are exhibiting signs of early stage lead poisoning.

Now that the acidic water has cleaned off the scale in many of the lines, lead has been re-deposited downstream, in galvanized and copper pipes, where it remains vulnerable to further leaching by the Detroit water.

The Flint river water is acidic, and leaches lead from wherever it can find it, including solder joints and service lines. They have been testing in residential taps and finding levels as high as 13K ppb. Maximum allowed is 5 ppb. Some small children are exhibiting signs of early stage lead poisoning.

Now that the acidic water has cleaned off the scale in many of the lines, lead has been re-deposited downstream, in galvanized and copper pipes, where it remains vulnerable to further leaching by the Detroit water.
Thank you for the post. Could you post a link to the info? It is hard to get the real details as this story is becoming politicized. I just found a good article. It looks like the information I heard the other day is probably false. The water isn't safe for everyone to drink.

In November, The Journal reported that city water officials filed certified documents with state regulators that claimed the city only tested tap water from homes where residents had lead service line.

But records obtained through the Freedom of Information Act show those claims were false and that the city had no basis for which homes it tested, delaying efforts to fix the public health emergency here.

Del Toral said he cannot estimate when Flint water will be safe to drink again without a lead-clearing filter.

"I would expect the (water) would still be hot. That's a lot of damage (that's been done)," he said. "I think progress will be made steadily, but to somehow" put a timeline on it ... We're still trying to assess."

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/01/epa_official_says_he_was.html

Again we appreciate everyone's help so far. To date we have donated 4 pallets of water, and over 100 dollars to purchase water filters for Flint residence. That is over $700 thanks to the generosity of our most excellent members !

Remember, we are still accepting donations until the last day of the month when will be sending in the last of the monies.

Thanks again
Grumpy

I wasn't sure if it should go "for goods and services" or "friends and family" I sent it to "friends" and mentioned that it was a donation for Flint, Mi. water fund.

I hope I didn't cause a problem going that route

Oops, looks like I missed the deadline. Moving forward I hope this continues

What they really need are water filters. Bottled water is not sustainable. I heard something around 40K households could still have unsafe lead levels.

I am just reading this for the first time and I want to say KUDOS to AK leadership and staff for taking a position on this and DOING SOMETHING about it.

If donations are still needed, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom