Audiokarma is being reborn - Vbulletin upgrade

I love the new banner logo...
Much modern, sleek and clean looking compared to the old one.

ak_logo_large_trans.png

Overall page also looks cleaner. :thmbsp:

Here is one: http://forums.beyond.ca (fast,basic,etc) (2.3.9 to be exact on this one)
Probably won't take much to crack into that. I mean, a small forum shouldn't worry about that, but a big site like AK that relies on ads and user contributions should run on the safest version, always. And I find that site to be horridly ugly and simplistic. Sorry dude, but we're not all still rocking Windows XP on a Pentium 4.

On my iPad i keep getting a pop-up for mobile chat. Never had it before. How do I turn it off?

Thats sites been there along time on that same version..

Yeah, that's not a comforting thought -
that some small site has never upgraded ...

Kinda of reminds me of Outlook in MS Office 2013

Its plain, its boring, there is no sense of style or contrasting colors -
its basically all white with not much there ...

I would not call that "Nice" -
tho perhaps if computers are intimidating it's comforting
to use a low resolution site like that.

And as to "everything is going Worse in the world" -
I would NOT go back to poor medicine, no tamiflu,
no high MPG cars or any of that stuff from 30+ years ago.

And frankly, you DO have to upgrade - have you read anything about the bad guys in Korea and Russia
that are trying to crack american computers?? The price of freedom is eternal vigilance -
that means you need to always be on your toes or they'll GET ya!!

No anger but ... you do have to keep up.

But it isnt as nice as this buddy!!

I am on some sites running VB2.3 -- They are excellent :)

Here is one: http://forums.beyond.ca (fast,basic,etc) (2.3.9 to be exact on this one)

Ya dont have to feel like there is no other way BUT UPGRADE... You dont have to!!

Im sorry Dave,I dont want you to hate me.... I just dont like things getting worse quality thats all.........
(We are losing EVERYTHING GOOD in this world... Its all being replaced with stuff that ISNT AS GOOD and its very sad)

I dont wanna be a pain,Im sorry............

Last edited:
On my iPad i keep getting a pop-up for mobile chat. Never had it before. How do I turn it off?

Thanks to Mike T I just learned how:
The floating chat disappears when you "go back" to VBulletin 3 in lower left of screen.

Pinging Dude111:

Time to chill, dude. You seem to enjoy "e" shouting, so LET THE WEBMASTER & ADMINS @ THIS SITE GET ON WITH THE BUSINESS OF UPGRADING THE BOARDS & HUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH.

You don't like my input, feel free to shoot a PM @ me, but cease your rants and beleaguering of the general population.

^^^^ and, "dude" ^^^

I have reported my own post so save your NRG. I aon' gonna delete it, but if the Admins or Mods choose to do so, I'm fine w/ that. Meanwhile I hope you get a chance to READ THE POST.

Well that's one person out AK's vast member base who is against the idea of upgrading. Just one though. So carry on admins. The majority is with you.

This is tangential but this reminds me of the company I work for. We use a kind-of-modern interface laid over and tying together three 15+ year old primary systems to do everything we need to do for our customers. Reliance in these three old systems means that 12 months after their debut our portable tablet interfaces are not yet a fully functional replacement for the desktop computers like they are in front line retail at our competitors. Furthermore random system outages occur at least once a week with little to no work around, which is great for us working on commission because it just means we get to stand around and turn potential sales away.

The analogy is that updated software will not only make AK easier to maintain for the admins but will benefit us users as well with security, usability and reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Mike T I just learned how:
The floating chat disappears when you "go back" to VBulletin 3 in lower left of screen.

Thank you! And thanks to Luther, admins and mods for keeping this place running. All audio no attitude!

I'm going to enjoy the two days of my inbox not being filled with reported posts! :p:

This is a week old post but when I read it, I have to say I could barely restrain myself from reporting it just for fun. :nono: :D It's only the massive amount of work you guys do that held me back. :tongue: I'll just have to imagine the look on your face and be satisfied with that.

With a lot of complaints on Arrow Chat, it has been removed. The search for a new chat continues.

I feel like I am watching evolution every time I come to AK this week,
It looks a little bit different every time.

demman101.jpg

"I can fix that chat room ... all I need is a needle and a thread!"

Back
Top Bottom