Audiokarma site "Points" calculations

Dave B.

I see that there are three AK members who have over 50,000 Messages. Wow. Tremendous dedication and loyalty. Very impressive!

That got me to wondering about how this XenForo forum calculates members' "Points." I've tried to figure out the logic by watching the relationship among Messages, Likes, and Points of various members, but to no avail. My questions:

- How are Points calculated?
- Are there any members who (amazingly) have more Likes than Messages?
- Are there any members who have high Points and (relatively) low Messages?
- Are Points calculated by some algorithm that considers Messages, Likes, and length of membership?

Just curious. Apologies if this is explained elsewhere on AK.

Thanks.

Dave

Last edited:
I see that there are three AK members who have over 50,000 posts. Wow. Tremendous dedication and loyalty. Very impressive!

That got me to wondering about how this XenForo forum calculates members' "Points." I've tried to figure out the logic by watching the relationship among Posts, Likes, and Points of various members, but to no avail. My questions:

- How are Points calculated?
- Are there any members who (amazingly) have more Likes than Posts?
- Are there any members who have high Points and (relatively) low Posts?
- Are Points calculated by some algorithm that considers Posts, Likes, and length of membership?

Just curious. Apologies if this is explained elsewhere on AK.

Thanks.

Dave
If you click on your point total it's explained where they came from.
Screenshot_20180611-104800.png

Many of us have achieved the ultimate number of trophy points, 113.
I had no idea what my points total was, so I went looking. I'm at the same 113, so I have to agree.
Anything less, and you've really got something to shoot for. Anything more and you're just a showoff.:D

Many of us have achieved the ultimate number of trophy points, 113.
If you achieve all these points AND become an administrator you receive an extra point totaling 114. I guess that's why they think they're better than us. ;)

Thank you! I wonder why Points max out at 118. Maybe to discourage "vanity" (mindless) postings.

Dave
I had no idea about that, either.

As for the 'more likes than posts' thing?
I could totally see that happening, depending on where one posts the most. I post a lot in the Jazz Playlist thread, and it's cool group. Likes of 5, 10, 15 per post happen there all the time. If all I did was post there my ratio would well over 3:1.
My guess is it would similar for anyone who spends most of their time in a playlist thread.

Another site I joined years ago had a banner that read "points turn to cash in 2080" The point system would keep racking up point over time. I can't wait until 2080. :D

Kind of OT but still member profiles. I wondered when and how the title under your name changed from “AK Subscriber” to “Super Member” , “Addicted Member” etc. I then realized that it seems people just name themselves. Not sure why and it really doesn’t matter, just was curious. Then I wondered if it is hard for some of them to buy hats that will fit. :dunno:

:beerchug:

Kind of OT but still member profiles. I wondered when and how the title under your name changed from “AK Subscriber” to “Super Member” , “Addicted Member” etc. I then realized that it seems people just name themselves. Not sure why and it really doesn’t matter, just was curious. Then I wondered if it is hard for some of them to buy hats that will fit. :dunno:

:beerchug:
:rflmao:

I can't speak for others, but I didn't name myself as 'addicted'.
I think it has something to do with post count.
I also think the naming thing came around when AK did that upgrade awhile back.

:rflmao:

I can't speak for others, but I didn't name myself as 'addicted'.
I think it has something to do with post count.
I also think the naming thing came around when AK did that upgrade awhile back.

After a some curious research (not much effort) post counts and/or likes seem to have nothing to do with it. Just going by my numbers compared to others. I hope I was very bored that day :confused:.

The accumulation of points is pointless as you can't take them with you. Then again ...

I'll write a line into my will, bequeathing all my points to @Dave B. ... ;-}

After a some curious research (not much effort) post counts and/or likes seem to have nothing to do with it. Just going by my numbers compared to others. I hope I was very bored that day :confused:.
I think it does have something to do with post count, but can be changed if one wants to.
As an example, member @v8peters has the same tag as me, and is in the same range post-wise.
I know I picked my avatar pic back in 2010, but as far as I recall I've never edited that 'addicted' thingie. It came around after that big AK upgrade.

I think it does have something to do with post count, but can be changed if one wants to.
As an example, member @v8peters has the same tag as me, and is in the same range post-wise.
I know I picked my avatar pic back in 2010, but as far as I recall I've never edited that 'addicted' thingie. It came around after that big AK upgrade.

How do you change it? Been wanting to.......

Back
Top Bottom