Audiokarma Website not Secure

I didn't single anyone out and am not brow-beating. I've read and enjoyed your posts here for many years.

My simple point is that people will be people, and I see escalating frustration about normal human behavior, which candidly appears out of character for you. Communities are made up of all kinds and the behaviors you point out on this topic that bother you are the same behaviors throughout this forum or any community. Some people will have interest and try to understand, many won't, etc.

I completely understand about untruths, and being a hands-on technology executive specializing in M&A, restructures, etc., that article isn't something I 'found', it's something I've lived and breathed daily for well over a decade, and is something a lot of "IT" pros weren't taught. I've stepped in and righted countless projects that failed or were failing because the IT folks didn't contemplate change management.

The reaction to the move to Xenforo here is a perfect illustration of how people deal with change. Personally, I found it to be extraordinarily fascinating as one could follow those who were vocal through the change curve. It was essentially chronicled in detail, and as it turns out 100% predictable. I've cited it in my professional life a few times now. This, BTW, is not a knock on AK.

I don't know what you're thinking or how you feel, obviously. I can't only react to how I perceive what you write. If I'm perceiving you incorrectly I apologize, but there's no sense pointing the cannons at me for it. I was only trying to offer a fellow technology person a different perspective.
Well said, and it was considerate of you to clarify.

But tell me when you quoted me and chided me like you did why did you not tell the people afraid of this change here anything ??

I am just defending the need to not knee jerk make changes nor make them because people are afraid , miss informed or just wrong.

I understand quite well how people react to change being in this industry now near 40 years. You made the assumption reading a few paragraphs of mine from a year long complaint that I am upset (This is not the only AK is insecure because of no SSL thread)

I am not upset and you used that term I feel unfairly. Passionate yes. And tired of explaining this 1000 times because people will not read what is already posted here.

DO YOU REALIZE as a WOMAN how many times I have been called emotional in a ridiculous attempt to silence me ?? DO YOU realize what calling me UPSET means ??

Frannie

PS: It was calling me "UPSET" that I am taking issue with.

I've seen ~3-4 threads on SSL, etc. and have, for the most part, followed them. I am broadly aware of the issue. As I don't know you, and vice versa, there is no benefit of personal context here. So yes, of course, I made an assumption based on what I've seen you write here. Far more than just a few paragraphs though. It'd also appear that you're making assumptions about me; first that I've no subject matter knowledge related to this thread, and a subsequent one that I'll address below.

Knowing that we don't know each other, how can I be expected to do anything but make assumptions based on the posts you've written here? What's wrong with replying and simply stating something like "appreciate your perspective, but I actually understand this very well." I've stated that my response was based off of what I perceived, and apologized if my perception was incorrect.

I've not addressed the people concerned about this change, or lack thereof, because as you've noted in your comment it's been addressed "1000 times": there is absolutely no point in doing so. The single-digit percentage of people that want to understand more have, and the rest choose not to. It doesn't matter how many times it's said. This is why I spoke about human behavior and change management, and why I made the supposition that perhaps the admins don't defend themselves because they know this as well. I quoted you because I thought my perspective may be relevant to you.

I've had the honor of watching my wife's 20 year ascent from being a buyer in the procurement department of a small tech manufacturing company to the C-suite of a 22 billion dollar multinational corporation, and now her startup focused on her passion: diversity and inclusion. I'm very proud of her.

The majority of my leadership team are female, as are the majority of my high-performers. The majority of the best managers I've had, and the best I've worked with have been women. I support diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives at every opportunity, and I know the difference between checking the box and true D&I programs.

I'm sorry you've an issue with me using the word "upset". This conversation and the accusations within are making me upset.

I've seen ~3-4 threads on SSL, etc. and have, for the most part, followed them. I am broadly aware of the issue. As I don't know you, and vice versa, there is no benefit of personal context here. So yes, of course, I made an assumption based on what I've seen you write here. Far more than just a few paragraphs though. It'd also appear that you're making assumptions about me; first that I've no subject matter knowledge related to this thread, and a subsequent one that I'll address below.

Knowing that we don't know each other, how can I be expected to do anything but make assumptions based on the posts you've written here? What's wrong with replying and simply stating something like "appreciate your perspective, but I actually understand this very well." I've stated that my response was based off of what I perceived, and apologized if my perception was incorrect.

I've not addressed the people concerned about this change, or lack thereof, because as you've noted in your comment it's been addressed "1000 times": there is absolutely no point in doing so. The single-digit percentage of people that want to understand more have, and the rest choose not to. It doesn't matter how many times it's said. This is why I spoke about human behavior and change management, and why I made the supposition that perhaps the admins don't defend themselves because they know this as well. I quoted you because I thought my perspective may be relevant to you.

I've had the honor of watching my wife's 20 year ascent from being a buyer in the procurement department of a small tech manufacturing company to the C-suite of a 22 billion dollar multinational corporation, and now her startup focused on her passion: diversity and inclusion. I'm very proud of her.

The majority of my leadership team are female, as are the majority of my high-performers. The majority of the best managers I've had, and the best I've worked with have been women. I support diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives at every opportunity, and I know the difference between checking the box and true D&I programs.

I'm sorry you've an issue with me using the word "upset". This conversation and the accusations within are making me upset.
Fair enough I am going to leave this as a simple miss understanding. My apology's but I did not ask for psychological advice. I am asking people to understand and to stop with the threads with titles like the above.

Its simple passionate caring about the community as a whole. Unfortunately no one seems to actually trust anything they see on the web other than what they look up and spew as facts.

What I post is from many years of experience and I frankly don't appreciate being chided with words like "Upset"

And you don't know me well enough to tell me to cool it either or how to act.

There are likely threads here with worse behavior on members parts you go fight this fight with.

I am just going to chalk this up to you finding my "Button" lucky you.

Frannie

sorry to intrude, but based on the clues you have given...I think we know each other and have worked together...

sorry to intrude, but based on the clues you have given...I think we know each other and have worked together...

Ever shrinking world. I once ran in to my neighbor, who I hadn't seen in months, in a hotel in Beijing. Any clues? PM if you'd like.

Stop it with the attacks on Frannie. She is one of the experts I ASK QUESTIONS TO and get answers from concerning internet security, etc. If you worked 40 yrs in an area and someone questioned your knowledge you would be cantankerous too.

I haven't the slightest how what you've quoted can be construed as an attack, but I assure you it's not. I've explained my perception and intention numerous times now, and have apologized if I got it wrong. I've enjoyed Frannie's posts and had a good deal of respect for her.

Dude, drop the all caps crap - its so AOL!

Actually, there are TONS of bots and bad mongers on the web that want to hack you and flay your data any way they can
- for boredom, for money, or just because we are Americans.

and remember, it really IS a Digital World - so RUN!!!

We can pay the bills for AK for all time if we collectively develop an analog (not analogue) server and browser.
my $0.02 as a network and computer security guy, we don't need no stinking certificate. Users getting the error can change settings at their end. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, deploying a trusted certificate and encrypting an ENTIRE website and all transactions is a PITA. I am coming in on the side of the site administrators. Can we end this thread now, please?

I know the difference between Analog and analogue -
sometimes humour is best served in small subtle doses.

besides, I grew up reading Analog - and Amazing, and Galaxy too!

Users getting the error can change settings at their end.

Users have ALWAYS been able to make changes at their end (unless they are at work and such preferences are locked down by IT mgmt). Thats not really in question.
The biggie is when Firefox puts up Security alerts and frighten the users who are NOT particularly enlightened about what that means and how to do so. And they start thread after thread about it here. Most of them don't come to these threads to learn how to fix it, just to worry,
which means such threads wind up being snarky rejoinders between network savy folks
and the annoying trolls who just see such threads a good place to jab now and then ...

kryten79 said:
We can pay the bills for AK for all time if we collectively develop an analog server and browser.

Oh yeah, sure - why not dream BIG!
Tell me when you have it all coded and ready, ok?

Last edited:
I know the difference between Analog and analogue -
differentiating between analog and analogue seemed to strengthen the weak joke I was making RE: analog in the digital world. Did not realize when I posted that it could be taken otherwise.

so I served humor in a minisculely (that's a real word now, since I used it on the internet) small dose? I love this site. Thanks for making me smile, Ma'am.
As far as recoding, my puppy is on the treadmill as we speak and the product will be ready, Dilbert-time:idea:, when Monkeys type Shakespeare. (teehee)

Back
Top Bottom