Audiokarma

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EricB

I'm a 20 year old audio enthusiast from Minnesota.I've been into audio for over 8 years now and over the past year, been active in exploring audio/video related forums on the internet.
Through examination and much testing I've seen a vast array of individuals and personalities. Though diverse and seperated in the meens of individual taste I had mostly always seen the same result and or replied thought to "Tester" posts in which I would place in speratic forums.

The tester posts which would be placed would have one potential and fixed theme. To provoke an argumental disscusion,
other posts would be that of standard discussion, not too contravercial and some posts with absolutely no point at all.

I've also witnessed a common trend which had seemed to have swiped the audio/video related web ring, "COST".Some people in which would seem to get an awe inspired power trip from mentioning the fact that the piece of audio/video equipment that they had picked up is in the 4+ digit range in cost and some how people with absolutely no auditioning of the product yurned to own such a thing. Also common was that of mass specification and design concept to justify the individuals so called "SUPERIOR" piece of equipment.

Through my experiance in auditioning audio related equipment is that cost is one of the last factors that should be presented in an audition of the product.Affordability is still a common factor, but judging the products performance is different.Not to mention the most in depth specifications on a product won't meen that if I listen to it I will like it.No matter how supposedly accurate or theoretically ideal it is.

I have been through multiple forums and chat rooms( all audio related) but none have struck me as this one did. Not in then fact of the above mentioned, but in the differences from that.I have noticed not that of a trend theme, but that of a diversity which was actually pleasing to read. Some people enjoying that of which is now considored obsolete in the industry by some and a considorable amount of people who's hook up wire/cable is that of standard zip cord type and some completely different.

And my point is all this diversity oddly enough flows considorably well and organized.Be it engineer,enthusiast,sceptical person etc.
And all Tester posts which I placed in forums which provoked an argumental scheme and were designed to provoke conflict were never taken to extremes and had an ability to be put away in a quite and quick manor.I'm Not stating that others in audio related forums are nothing but stereotypical and all the same in meens of discussion.You can still get sizeable amounts of valid information from other people out there. I'm stating that the all together atmosphere here is not matched and seems closer to that of which I percieve as a true discussion forum.After all it is discussion, not debate.

Thank you for your time,

EricB

"You can enjoy the system, but only love the music".

Admittedly it took me a couple of reads before I could get a good grasp on what you meant by your post. Just to check over the basic premise of what you are saying (and please correct me if I'm wrong). Choose the scenario that best fits you:

1. You posted here only to prove or disprove theories about internet audio discussion boards in general, and in order to analyze human behavior patterns or how we interact.

2. You joined up here because you wanted to test our reactions to controversial points of order versus other forums.

3. You came here because you like audio and you enjoy our group and these are your observations as a professional psychologist.

I don't understand what the goal was here. Please explain.

-Kamakiri-

I joined this forum because of my interest for audio/video eqiupment.These are my observations taken on the fact that I desire to test the room before any validated posting is done on my behalf. Some others may understand, I'm actually( to put it this way) "picky" on where I desire to post and reply.All the analysis on my part is done to get a general feel of the specific discussion boards and the general forum public.This all results to finding the attitude and general atmosphere of the specific forum boards.After I feel all my research is suitable for analysis, I then make comparisons to see which disscusion board more closely conforms to my desired taste and also one that I can feel comfortable in.

If you wish any further information or would like a reply which is greater in depth your more then welcome to private message me.

EricB

"You can enjoy the system,but only love the music".

Eric

The rules for posting here are very simple, and apply to anyone wishing to participate in this Forum. They are there to be followed. If someone does not follow the rules, he can be either given a warning or banned from posting here at Audio Karma.

I thank you and appreciate the fact you like this site, you are welcome to stay and post, but as long as it is a contribution to the discussion and not to further "test the waters".

However, I find this thread will lead nowhere and as such, I have decided to close it.

If there is anything you may wish to add, please use other means, such as private messaging or e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom