Audiokarma's server needs your help

Discussion in 'AK News' started by Grumpy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Well to be honest we have not upgraded our server in a very long while. Anyways come early this week we hope to have one wicked fast server coming online for all of Audiokarma's sites.

Sadly I have to do the NPR thing and ask folks for server donations. If any of you can help we would greatly appreciate it. Paypal can be sent to sales@audiokarma.org If you need our mailing address please let me know. if you do make a donation can you please make note of it in the payment. Helps keep it seperate from subscriptions

A sneak peak. Our old servers were on 15K, Raid-10 hard drives.

The new servers will be using M.2 Solid State, Raid-10 hard drives. These new drives should make Audiokarma atleast 8-10 faster !!!

Also the servers will be getting a new processor that is 4 times faster then current.

There are other major changes as well but the two above should carry us for a long while, we hope :)

So as you can see we are very excited about bringing this online for everyone, and hope you folks enjoy them.

Other ways you folks can help is by bidding on the auctions we are putting up here. I just put more killer Jazz up for auction here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/auctions-for-audiokarma.179/
    There will be several other items listed in the near future.

Our Affiliate sites here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-affiliates-of-audiokarma.268576/
    And here http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/uk-and-canada-affiliates.276080/ are also great ways to help contribute.

Thanks for your consideration
    Dave

martind28 likes this.
  2. dcmfan

dcmfan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Contribution incoming! Thanks for all you guys do!

3. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Glad to help out -Pay pal sent

4. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

On the way! I've gotten almost as much out of this than I have out of gotmead.com lol

5. turnitdown

turnitdown Not well known Subscriber

Contribution sent.

6. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

7. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

Ok I'll say it since non subscribers can see this forum, and not the auction forums that Dave aka Grumpy post records and other things for subscribers to bid on. Other subscribers also donate things for auction to help the site, all to be bided on by other subscribers. This all happens in forums non subs can't see so you really don't know the whole site and whats going on.

If your a non subscriber can you see what I just posted above, members that subscribe not only pay the lousy $25 bucks for a year, ie: 7 cents a day, they also contribute in other ways just to try and help keep the site running. The owner of the site does everything he can to keep this place running, and that cost money, he also want's a free site as it really opens it up to a lot of people. Truthfully some members just might not be able to afford a subscription and that's why Dave wants it free.

But and this is a big but, we are getting far far more member that don't what to pay a subscription. The attitude why should I, it's free, well know this people are paying for free for you.

If your on the site all the time and asking for help, because you keep dragging equipment home that needs repair, or buying and want value checks, think about skipping one purchase to help the site that you want to hang your hat at.

And even looking at this thread so far it's subs that are donating on top of their subscription.

Rant over...
    Delete if need be or throw flames at me...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    reydelaplaya, rajoo, rBuckner and 5 others like this.
  8. 4-2-7

This thread so far

Replies:
    Views:

9. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Dan, I appreciate your thoughts and understand youi feelings. I just want everyone to know for as long as I own this joint it will remain free. If folks can afford to donate we very much appreciate it.

Thanks
    Grumpy

4-2-7 likes this.
  10. Denten

Denten Super Member

My wife and I pretty much live hand to mouth, but I'm sure I can scrape together $25 for a subscription because I love AK and i'm here every day, I have not asked for help yet, but I may need it one day.

I pledge to become a subscriber by the end of this month.
    I wish I could do more to help.

Tracy

Richs_Trains, rBuckner and 4-2-7 like this.
  11. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen)

I just (a few minutes ago) paid for a subscription for yet another year. This place is well worth the $25.00 price. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

Goggle1824, 4-2-7 and Denten like this.
  12. 4-2-7

Replies:
    Views:

13. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Donation sent.

4-2-7 and John James like this.
  14. pcorbin

pcorbin Active Member

Donation sent, and looking for something to bid on.

4-2-7 likes this.
  15. vice1984

vice1984 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Donation Sent.

4-2-7 likes this.
  16. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

With my eyes needing surgery, I can't afford to donate any cash but I will put something for auction that should bring far more then I could afford to pay

Thanks Dave for everything you do for this site, I will try to post up an auction today

djwhy60, 4-2-7 and John James like this.
  17. RS Steve

RS Steve Tube Junkie Subscriber

Glad to help, donation sent.

4-2-7 likes this.
  18. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Gonna re-up my membership for a couple more years if I can remember how to do it ...

EDIT: Okay, apparently I haven't done this since the format change. Does anybody know how to subscribe now? When I click on the "Subscribe" icon, it re-directs me to my status page and tells me when my subscription expires, but there doesn't appear to be any action I can take.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    4-2-7 likes this.
  19. Karmices

Karmices AK Subscriber Subscriber

I don't know you and vice versa. I do see you've been on here for a few years and an active member which is great. With that said, I just paid for your yearly membership to be a subscriber. $$ sent over to AK. Enjoy the benefits of being a subscriber and thanks for being apart of AK.

Hyperion, KevinJ122, Pete B and 16 others like this.
  20. Sandstrom

Sandstrom Hazlewoodism Subscriber

^^nice gesture Karmices :)^^
    Donation sent and thanks for all you do...server seems to be working great!

4-2-7 likes this.