Audiophile Speaker Panel of unknown origin - All Polydax. SOLVED: Fuselier Model 9

Oh wow, that is mega cheap no joke!

Well yeah, but factor in at least another $200 to crate them securely! Plus... no audio nerd meeting and no loud music playing. Just a guy upset he has to haul these two crates to my door in the summer heat....it's raining? He's just leaving them there! I kid... my UPS guy is awesome. Goes the extra mile... Once he even went all the way in the back to make sure a box didn't get rained on. But back on point... no beers, no listening to speakers no saying "yep"

Hmmmm...at some point one or more of us northern listeners needs to drop by JP's for an audition (or 10) at his new digs. Make a long weekend of it or something. "AK Mid-South"?? I would enjoy hearing the Fuselier's, IMF's and KEF's I'm sure. You kept your AR-9LSi's, didn't you?? And the ADS-L1590's?? Your mancave in Indy was amazing-- especially the "display" for choosing music!! ;)

I am not sure, I haven't lived here long enough for that to happen but I get the point, the beer and listening definitely make the experience! Plus I always fear packing speakers. So I did get a chance to inject a sub into the setup and indeed, sound stellar! Night and day difference!

GoRNR: ADS L1590's are gone, AR9LSI's still in the house. KEF's and IMF's still present. I miss my old man cave, this one is in a loft and not in a basement. The previous one was superior in my opinion, I DO miss it! LX521's still in the pipe and nearing physical completion, still have not received the woofers since seas is backordered...*sigh*....

Well yeah, but factor in at least another $200 to crate them securely!...
No need to crate, this is what's known as "blanket wrap" or "white glove" service. The items are handled just like precious furniture when you move. They are simply properly secured and off they go directly to the new owner's home, where he and the shipper carefully unload and move them into their new listening room. I've done this about six or seven times and never had even a hint of a problem.

I have used uShip twice now and like audiomagnte, never had an issue. Keep in mind that although you are dealing with uShip and it's level of expected service, the carries are independent - much like the drivers for Uber. Therefore, you are going to have mostly really good carriers that care about their shipments and some don't really give a crap about your stuff and are just in it to make a quick buck or two. I think the key is to do a little legwork; investigate the feedbacks, time in the business, etc and choose wisely. Approach it the same way as you do when deciding to buy large-ticket item on eBay and you should be fine.

I would still wrap the panels in rigid foam and heavy cardboard to protect the drivers. Sh*t happens sometimes regardless of care given.

Last edited:
So you are actually familiar with them? Apparently someone known as 'Fat Julian' from Georgia was a big Fusilier reseller. 'Fat Julian's Audiomart' ring a bell?

It's very likely Fusilier sold those speakers through Julian. They were friends and worked together for many years.

Regards,
Gordon.

No need to crate, this is what's known as "blanket wrap" or "white glove" service. The items are handled just like precious furniture when you move. They are simply properly secured and off they go directly to the new owner's home, where he and the shipper carefully unload and move them into their new listening room. I've done this about six or seven times and never had even a hint of a problem.

Wow! That's very cool! Nice to know.

Yeah, I have seen hints and mentions of this 'fat julian' character. The only thing I know is that he has passed on and that at some point he lost weight and was no longer fat and that he ran a high end audio store. That's about it and that's all I've seen on threads, if Gordon knew him personally I would love to hear the particulars. I am listening to these with a sub and they sound great, I'm listening to them right now in fact....thanks for pushing me to do that! Right now I have the sub tuned in at -15 db of output and crossed over at 45hz. It's not the best sub, it's a Klipsch Reference Series for my home theater but it adds depth and makes everything sound better as you suggested indeed!

I had a powered NHT SW2 sub in the mix with them at one point but apparently didn't have it dialed-in correctly because it made little difference. Don't recall where I crossed it. Glad you are able to get them sorted a bit better than I did.

What an epic adventure! I read through the entire thread and WOW! Fantastic the mystery was solved.
Very nice work on the restoration.
I wish I had been able to solve the mystery of my Angelica's DIY/Prototype speakers.
Glenn

Back
Top Bottom