Audioquest Evergreen interconnects.

I use a variety of AQ cables in my system (as well as some others....Vertere, Nordost, and Straightwire) and the only AQ cable I haven't liked is an older set of Cheetah balanced interconnects, which I believe are silver. The rest have been about as unassuming and neutral (what I'm after) as possible. I'd still be using my Colorada speakers cables if they were longer and didn't look like garden hoses. Even their cheaper stuff that I can buy off a spool at magnolia is very good...that's what I'm using for my mains speaker cable right now, as I needed some lengths that I couldn't quite afford or find in more expensive, supposedly "better," options. I'm very happy with them. I think the sweet spot in the lineup is the King Cobra. I'm kind of switching over to Vertere D-fi cables but they're a bit more expensive. It really took those for me to appreciate any change from the AQs.

I'd still be using my Colorada speakers cables if they were longer and didn't look like garden hoses

Once I showed a friend a picture of the Colorado interconnects in my system of the time, and he said they just looked like bungee cords.

The Audioquest Evergreen interconnects aren't outrageously priced, and they're pretty. They didn't seem to impress the Brits, though:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/audioquest-evergreen

Not P.R.A.T.T.Y. enough for them. :)

I've seen it mentioned online that they are lean (bass shy), that is not the case here.
If there is bass present in the source material it is present in the speaker output.

I thought that was a curious comment as well.

I just did an RCA conversion mod on my SME 3009 and have been using a pair of Evergreens, in conjunction with my TD-124. My Grado cartridge is still every bit as plump as it should be.

Last year I decided to undertake the job of replacing my interconnects! I had been using various brands along with the generic brand that comes with audio equipment. Which means some had become quite old. Reading up on Interconnects I finally settled on the Audioquest Evergreen. After replacing the main links such as from pre-amp to amp, turntable to pre-amp, and then the tape decks to preamp, I was more than convinced that i indeed did hear a difference. Isn't that really what matters? What you hear or think you hear! There seems to be more presence and subtlety to my listening experience. And the connections give a really snug fit. Well worth the investment.
audioquest_everg01r_1_0m_evergreen_rca_to_966439.jpg

I have been using BJC for my speakers and ICs with no problems. I decided to replace the speaker cable with AudioQuest Type 8. It's too early to tell if there is a difference between BJC and AudioQuest.

Back
Top Bottom