Audioquest Rocket 33 bi-wire Speaker Cables

Hi, I would like to input from my experience with AQ cables, I'm using all AQ cables except AC cords.

In my system AQ Type-4 is best all around reasonably price speaker cable, good dynamic sound with well balance stereo image, I'm still using it in 2nd system to this day.

I also like Audio Adviser No Frills AQ Type-8 speaker cables more than AQ Rocket 33/44 speaker cables I tried, it may be lower cost then Rocket 33.

Steve

I think I'll keep this little tidbit in mind when I upgrade my cables. The Type 8 sounds like a good option in my case and I'd move the Type 4 into the theater fronts.

Just wondering what you all have to say about them...... T So I got to thinking of switching out my home brew speaker cable for the rocket 33 in bi wire since I have a pair of Mirage M5si that are bi wireable and reading reviews the M5 owners saying bi wiring made a difference. So what say you.

Trust your own ears, they are the only ones that mater.

Lastly, frankly I am interested in reading the discussion as these cables are relevant to my application (I prefer bi-wire cables for speakers that permit such operation) and they are relatively affordable. Perhaps a user who also uses Kimber 8TC bi-wires or Nordost Blue Heaven II bi-wires will chime in with his or her impressions and I'll be able to draw a meaningful comparison.

Your a funny guy, have you a set of AQ cables you would like to compare to the Kimbers & Blue Heavens. We could have a cable shoot out some day.

I did last night bring home the rocket 33 on a demo program. First listening impressions are this. Bass really I mean really tightened up and became much more natural. Overall the sound was very cleaned up and quiet. Soundstage greatly improved. All I can say is wow.

This is all that matters, everything else is just opinion. :thmbsp:

"Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice"

or in this case

Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own listening"

Back
Top Bottom