Audioshow Alkmaar 2018

Satch

Audiotinkerer
As I have no social live I went to the Audioshow Alkmaar 2018. I wrote a little story (Dutch only) and took a bunch of pics. You can find them here:

https://wp.me/p5OIOl-12k

Enjoy!

alkmaar-9.jpg

Hi Satch, nice pictures again! I was there yesterday,
Maybe because I was sensitive because of a bad cold, it was all a little bit loud, at several of the listening demos.

Still, I heard some nice loudspeakers before I got the already pending headache, even the utterly ugly white big speakers (on your second picture) sounded good, although they were put on their side for some reason, yesterday....(btw I wonder what color they are after 10 years...)

One funny thing I saw was a small white French amplifier having 2 big meters, it really looked like a bench power supply.

I also learned something new: belt driven cd players apparently exist, even "double belt drive". Food for thought but I just thought this: :crazy: (some brand in same room as the white speakers)

Hopefully for the exposing companies, the audience spends more on new audio than I do (last new purchase......1982?...)

Last edited:
@gslikker Yeah, some people seem to think that louder is better. I think the white loudspeakers will be magically turned into some ugly yellow-ish color in ten years... And belt-driven CD-transports are pretty old, CEC made some, 47 Labs if I recall correctly and onthers. The reasons (beyond audio snobbery and making money) are beyond me...

Back
Top Bottom