Austin City Limits

Dave918

Anybody catch it tonight? I almost missed it! Rosanne Cash and Neko Case. Both sets were great, but damn Neko has a voice!

-Dave

That's got to be the best show this year! I'm marking my
calender now. Thanks Dave918!! :)

Carl

John Mayer, Buddy Guy and Double Trouble Tonight on ACL

From PBS.ORG -

"Austin City Limits has long been the place for musicians to explore their own musical roots. Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter John Mayer has been known for his innovative pop/rock, but for Austin City Limits, Mayer also explores the blues. With the help of Stevie Ray Vaughan’s backing band Double Trouble and blues guitar innovator Buddy Guy, Mayer pays tribute to the blues artists that influenced him on the way to the top. Austin City Limits presents John Mayer and special guests on November 15, 2003 on PBS (check local listings for time and date in your area)."

The Corn Sisters(Neko Case,Carolyn Marks) doing a great rendition of Love Me and The Long Black Veil . Dave918,you got to check this out,just for Neko Case's version of LBV.

Alan

30 November 2003

Tonight on Austin City Limits - Robert Earl Keen followed by Charlie Robinson

-Dave

Good show so far tonight. You still have time to catch the second half before the Sugar Bowl kicks off. :cool:

-Dave

That show with Gillian Welch should be a dandy !

I still miss The American Music Shop . TAMS and Austin City Limits used to run back to back some years ago on KSPS. That made for some great listening.

Well Dave, don't have to worry about SuperBowl issues here.

Our local PBS broadcasts it once a week at 2:00 AM Sunday morning??????

The only way I'm gonna see it is either via heavy drinking or VCR time shifting!

Your right though, the 29th season looks to have some great shows coming up.

Shemekia Copeland followed by Jimmie Vaughn this weekend on ACL. Check your local listings for date and time.

"Shemekia Copeland has the blues world agog over her powerful pipes and enormous potential. Variety has said the 22-year-old daughter of the late Texas blues great Johnny “Clyde” Copeland “may well be the first great blues voice of the new millennium.”"

-Dave

Natalie Merchant followed by Eric Taylor this weekend on ACL. Check your local listings for date and time.

After success with 10,000 Maniacs, Natalie Merchant continues her solo career with adventurous songs that are passionate, shimmering and soulful. Highlights include "Just Can’t Last,” "Put the Law on You" and "This House is on Fire." Nanci Griffith calls Eric Taylor "the Willliam Faulkner of songwriting." The Texas tunesmith performs "Walkin’ Back Home” and "Where I Lead Me."

-Dave

Hey, make plans now to watch ACL next weekend -

Los Lobos Followed by Ratdog w/ Bob Weir

Setlists:

Los Lobos
Big Ranch
Malaque
Maria Christina
Hearts of Stone
Luz de mi Vida
Good Morning Aztlan
Recorded: 08/2/2002

RatDog
Brown Eyed Women
Corrina
Eyes of the World
Recorded: 05/1/2002

Check your local PBS listing for actual date/time.

-Dave

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'll be on vacation, so I hope I'll be able to remember to watch.

JD (wasted away again in Margaritaville)

Hope everyone that wanted to was able to catch Los Lobos on ACL this weekend. If not, you missed an excellent show!

Coming up next weekend is

Nickel Creek followed by Ralph Stanley

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom