AUSTIN & SURROUNDING AREA - AUDIOPHILES

I'm in Austin! Actually hoping to find someone to help me crack open a Sansui SP-2000 and figure out what's wrong with the wiring. I really want to learn more how to DIY and am happy to pay for the experience.

i see this is an old thread. i am near the Austin area. Kyle TX. just in case there is an audio club near by. thx

What’s your setup like and how hospitable are you? The tradition is that the newest member hosts everyone to a big barbecue at their home. What time do we start?

Well, maybe that’s a complete fabrication. But it COULD be the tradition if someone wanted to start it…. Any takers?

Well, maybe that’s a complete fabrication. But it COULD be the tradition if someone wanted to start it…. Any takers?
Taker. In New Braunfels. Can host 6 or so. Revel 328Be with Hifi Rose 150b and a Peachtree Grand Integrated X1. Have Kamado Joe and I make the best steaks on planet earth. Neighbors don't seem to mind 13 hz and 440 WPC.... been at this game 40 years, and found my grail. Also have a pair of NS1000 sitting unused.

I agree. I’d propose a Saturday morning coffee (or evening beer!) to discuss how to organize. It’ll be interesting to get a sense of others’ areas of interest. Music and audio covers a lot of sacred ground. My name is Matt. I’m in New Braunfels and work in Austin and available most evenings and weekends. Provide me some feedback and I’m happy to try to get a first get together off the ground.

Cheers,
Matt

Evenings are best for me. Music seems to come alive with a low noise floor and no lawnmowers and cars running around in the evening. Plus, I'm not a morning person. I'm on a 3 on and 3 off week work schedule so meetings are hit and miss.

Back
Top Bottom