Authentic BIG ?

I did some looking last night, agree it would be neat to have the whole story. There was an R&B singer that went by the name "ROME". Interesting that the date he was surfacing was 1997. I'm starting to wonder if this could have been one of his last signatures before Big left us.

In the meantime I would try to see if I can find out who "Rome" is.

Very good advice. If that person is within the orbit of the artist even peripherally it adds to the claim. Doesn't prove it but it starts the ball rolling in that direction.

Somewhat OT: The main issue with forgery is that the really good ones research those details and apply them in exactly the same way. (I think it unlikely here, the stakes aren't high enough.) A good read on this subject is about Mark Hoffman, the Mormon bomber. He was meticulous with research for his forgeries. He made period correct ink from materiel hundreds of years old and cut end paper from books of the same era his document was purported to be from. He fooled many before it unraveled.

I did some looking last night, agree it would be neat to have the whole story. There was an R&B singer that went by the name "ROME". Interesting that the date he was surfacing was 1997. I'm starting to wonder if this could have been one of his last signatures before Big left us.

That is a nice piece of the puzzle. Careful though, this gets into your blood. Next thing you know you will be traveling hundreds of miles to attend another auction.

;)

The album is back from PSA/DNA.....

Deemed not authentic on several factors. Ahhh well, still neat just the same.

That sucks.. Im curious about the specifics. If you could post a pic of the statement they sent you it would be cool.

It's all good, had it been a real signature.....well I'd have been humbled to have it. I'm out like $300 but had it gone the other way I'd say Cha Ching.

His sig is in the $200 category for examination + return shipping. I think PSA/DNA would be the ultimate authority so it is was it is. I suppose if more than a few want to see the letter I'll post it up.

It was kinda funny yesterday when the postman knocked, I didn't realize what it was for a few thinking I haven't ordered anything lately.

And fwiw I've decided to stop purchasing anything Audio in the near future, I'm moving into collecting art for the future audio room, this will stay as part of that. I have a genuine forgery !

LOL...

Last edited:
The album is back from PSA/DNA.....

Deemed not authentic on several factors. Ahhh well, still neat just the same.

Why did you go with them?
It's all good, had it been a real signature.....well I'd have been humbled to have it. I'm out like $300 but had it gone the other way I'd say Cha Ching.

His sig is in the $200 category for examination + return shipping. I think PSA/DNA would be the ultimate authority so it is was it is. I suppose if more than a few want to see the letter I'll post it up.

It was kinda funny yesterday when the postman knocked, I didn't realize what it was for a few thinking I haven't ordered anything lately.

I make repeated (and often) boo boos. It happens if you play the game. Personally I'd put that into an LP frame and put it up. Consider it a certificate of achievement.

I did the PSA/DNA on the recommendations here and I've heard Rick from pawn stars say that they are the Gold Standard. I thought let's go for top possible company. I kept looking and I was becoming suspect myself, if you look at any of his last signatures the the top of the B is very squashed and quick looking in the signature as a whole.

It was worth it IMHO.

I'd have taken it in to Rich and have him call the expert...then the discussion would allow you to decide...but it is done, sorry for your loss but it will look nice as audio room art forgery as you say on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom