auto!

vintage-yungin

i still really like pizza
what do you guys think of the 1968 mercury cougar? I bought a 68 cougar with a 302 for $2200 lets hear your opinions on these cars,to me it is awesome I love it

I think they are great, and I think that's an awesome deal....flip up headlights, sequential taillights.....class....beuty...and a V8....what's not to like about that :D

Post pictures :thmbsp:

I like 'em.

Kinda like a cross between a Mustang and a T-Bird, the two door ones. Not necessarily a performance car per se, but a heckuva comfy, good looking, easy riding piece of nostalgia as benefits us bourgeois bohemians that sprang from that era.

enjoy... Now, go get an 8 track player!

Shitngit it

I think it was in 1969 that Mercury introduced the Cougar Eliminator.
It was available with a 428cid Cobra Jet big block. Performance? Use your imagination!

2weelchpprpilot said:
I think it was in 1969 that Mercury introduced the Cougar Eliminator.
It was available with a 428cid Cobra Jet big block. Performance? Use your imagination!
I'm not sure of the year, but they also had an option (I think '67) that you could get a 427, making it a legal NASCAR car. They only built as many as required . My neighbor had one, NASTY!!!

Remember Chauncey, the Cougar ?...And "Mercury, the Man's Car"..."At the sign of the cat...." Good goin', Shawn !!

Agree with all of the above. In fact, I wish Ford would build a new Mercury version of the Mustang... Slightly longer wheelbase, a little more luxury.

I love the new/retro 'stang, but I'm a velvet-fist kinda guy.

The 302 wouldn't pass muster with the "in crowd"--it was the "sedate" engine old folks would get. Nice car though, and you should be able to mod it yet today. The 390 and the 428 were the engines of choice.

In '68 the 302 could be a very "hot" engine. It was the basis for the Cougar/Mustang TransAm cars. Great engine and many speed parts/crate motors available. Believe the first Boss 302 cars were from '69. Any engine/transmission/chassis info on the Mustangs of that era will also be applicable to the Cougar. Great find!! Enjoy!

i think you get a 351 crate motor with low compression an put a blower on it.

oh, and buy some stock in you favorite local tire company.

Back
Top Bottom