Automatic Radio 8 Track Play HE-6779 with an antenna?

Because you could plug one of these into the cartridge slot and convert it to an AM or FM radio (they had one for AM and one for FM):
A4C2DEA7-797D-43B7-AB32-DAC9686E5EA4.png

Edit: Posted a screenshot, hopefully you can see it now.

Last edited:
I was unable to see the image that Audiojones posted but I assume it was something similar to what's shown here:

https://swling.com/blog/2017/06/mystery-solved-remember-the-8-track-fm-radio-converter/

The interesting thing is the FM radio converter cartridge has its own internal antenna, so what purpose would the antenna on the back of the 8-track player serve and how could it operate as an antenna for a cartridge inserted into the player unless there was some electrical connection between the two? Perhaps the AM radio cartridge was designed in a way that allowed a connection to the antenna to be made when the cartridge was inserted.

Thanks for solving the mystery! It would be cool to find one of those to make the unit complete.

I’ve ordered a belt for it. I’ll report back later if it plays okay with a new belt. Already got twice in this one that it is works, but it is vintage cool

I was unable to see the image that Audiojones posted but I assume it was something similar to what's shown here:

https://swling.com/blog/2017/06/mystery-solved-remember-the-8-track-fm-radio-converter/

The interesting thing is the FM radio converter cartridge has its own internal antenna, so what purpose would the antenna on the back of the 8-track player serve and how could it operate as an antenna for a cartridge inserted into the player unless there was some electrical connection between the two? Perhaps the AM radio cartridge was designed in a way that allowed a connection to the antenna to be made when the cartridge was inserted.

It's actually a picture of the one made for this unit (which does use internal electrical contacts) rather than a universal converter but same idea. Here's a link if that works, I never know what folks can see when I post from my iPad.

Is the transport running the whole time you are listening to the radio?
I also think you should find a cassette to 8 track adapter.

5A0E8657-3FF0-4A44-8A9D-E549A09FC6E3.jpeg

No the transport does run while listening to the radio. The radio actually works well, even the stereo indicator light works.

Meu modelo de 8 pistas hge-6779 não muda a música quando pressiono o botão, alguém tem o esquema disso? obrigado

Back
Top Bottom