Average Price Of Interconnects In Your Main System

How Much Did You Spend On Average For The Interconnects In Your Main System?

• $0 - $10

Votes: 155 31.3%
  • $10 - $35

Votes: 132 26.7%
  • $35 - $60

Votes: 69 13.9%
  • $60 - $100

Votes: 40 8.1%
  • $100 - $300

Votes: 63 12.7%
  • $300 - $600

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • $600 - $1000

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • $1000 and Up

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
I've got stuff from Knukonceptz, Dayton, Canare...don't think I spent more than $30 for any of them.

Good idea for a thread.

I'm intrigued by possible improvements to be had by moving away from bottom of the line interconnects, but suspicious that diminishing returns quickly kick in, making most high end interconnects a waste of money for me anyway.

I wish I knew more about the best bang for the buck cables. I am gradually upgrading but in kind of a crapshoot sort of way.

I have several sets of these:
http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=MCMProducts&product%5Fid=50%2D2155

I also have one set of Vampire SL silver interconnects that I got on eBay for about $50. These were alledgedly $350 new, which is about 7 times as much as I will ever pay for interconnects...

Go onto Audiogon and check there. Used cables, other than the 'hot' items (Valhalla?), depreciate very quickly. Generally, you can buy and then sell again for about the same $$. At least that is my plan for a 1M pair of Nordost Red Dawn ICs I will be trying. Or their 4M speaker cable. Not sure which I'll get first.

Spent $249 on a phono cable, $60 on my CD IC, and probably $35-$40 on the others. I did notice a bit of difference, so it was money well spent for me.

Maybe some Zebras are in my future... :yes:

I'm using random el cheapo cables on my systems, as i don't think they make much of a difference if you listen country music on worn LPs, old cassettes and 8tracks like i do.

Francesco

audioquest,(diamomdback) kimber kable(PBJ) cables off eprey(less than half MSRP) except for a Silver Apature which i got a steal on same place and a set of dr.audio's much loved MCM's

I walked into Liquidation World in Oshawa last Sunday and they had bins of the TOTL Radio Shack interconnects for75% off.So the 3' cords that were $17.00 were now $3.50.:thmbsp:

AR interconnects here. I've used a set of high dollar Audioquest, but with the 3' runs I have, as long as they are gold plated for good conductivity - why waste the money

So far only about 100 members have responded to this poll. I know there are a lot more members out there. Share you cable experiences with us. Especially if you've had the opportunity to experience cables in the price extremes from the low to high price range.

Paul

Some monster cables, some the plated Radio Shack. I make my own now and replaced what I was using with them.

I'm using the NuKoncept cables that were tested in a previous pass'em around shoot-out on AK. Very nice interconnects for a reasonable price ($10-$30 range.)

cost of interconnects

I worry more about the equipment ( speakers amps and pre amps etc). If you believe you hear the difference shucking out big dough for cool balanced or unbalanced interconnects good for you. Big waste of $$$$$$$ imho:music:

When Dollar Tree sold some of their interconnects, I used them. Most of them are used in my system, the rest were chopped for other projects. :D

Though, I know starting from the bottom - there are nice ones that are a bit more durable than the $1 cables. I did buy into Monster Cables - when they were three bucks - they were car grade though, but were maybe ten feet in length and were purple - did not hear a difference, but the connector quality was better. [yes, I'm a tightwad]

Back
Top Bottom